User Tag List

Thread: Hello!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello!

New Grand Design owner as of next Wednesday (15 March 2023). We are picking up or Imagine XLS 23LDE and we cannot be more excited. We have owned a 2008 Winnebago View and a 2016 Thor Compass and we are finally going with a travel trailer. After six months of research we found the 23LDE to be the the best bang for the buck couples camper. We are glad to finally be part of the GD community. We have heard great things!

Cheers,
    Dustin
    2023 GD Imagine XLS 23LDE
    2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 Duramax w/ max trailer tow package
    Anderson WDH w/ anti-sway

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DStalter View Post
    New Grand Design owner as of next Wednesday (15 March 2023). We are picking up or Imagine XLS 23LDE and we cannot be more excited. We have owned a 2008 Winnebago View and a 2016 Thor Compass and we are finally going with a travel trailer. After six months of research we found the 23LDE to be the the best bang for the buck couples camper. We are glad to finally be part of the GD community. We have heard great things!

Cheers,
    Dustin
    Congrats and welcome to the group. I recently had a chance to sit in a 23LDE and really liked it. To be honest, had that floor plan been available when we bought our 22MLE, it would of been hard to decide between the 2. Don't get me wrong, we still love ours, but yours is real nice also.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats welcome to the group from WVa
    NAVY 1980-1984
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2023 GMC SierraDenali 2500 HD
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DStalter View Post

Cheers,
    Dustin
    Welcome to the forum Dustin, hope your pickup went well today. The forum is a great place to learn more, sounds like you're pretty experienced with RVing, you'll probably have some questions about the new Imagine XLS 23LDE though. Let us know how you make out.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the welcome into the community. The pick up went well except the tech that installed our Anderson Hitch was not very experienced with this type of hitch. 10 miles down the road and we stopped for lunch and I fixed the tension on the chains and all was good. I had a gut feeling not to trust them to install my hitch but I let them do it. Glad it was a simple fix. Had another issue with the Furrion back up camera not staying connected on my 2023 Chevy Silverado. A quick search found that I needed an adapter to fix the voltage to the camper. Installed the adapter when it arrived and that fixed the issue.

First camping trip we found a leak in the slid that presented in the pantry beside the fridge. Applied two overlapping strips of mastic tape where the sidewall met the roof of the slide and that fixed the issue. The closest GD dealer is 45 mins away and they have 2-3 week wait and I knew the issue and how to fix it. All good now. Now on to some camping this weekend!!

Cheers,
    Dustin
    2023 GD Imagine XLS 23LDE
    2023 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 Duramax w/ max trailer tow package
    Anderson WDH w/ anti-sway