Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U-bolts? Other parts?

When the shop was looking for the u-bolts for my truck, my neighbor mentioned that they had a set of u-bolts for their trailer. They aren't anywhere close to what the truck needed, but seem to be identical to what is on my Reflection. They carry them because they heard u-bolts have been known to break. Should I get a set and carry them, too?

What other parts ought I carry as a general kit? Later on I'll be asking about things to take with should we decide to drive to Alaska.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    When the shop was looking for the u-bolts for my truck, my neighbor mentioned that they had a set of u-bolts for their trailer. They aren't anywhere close to what the truck needed, but seem to be identical to what is on my Reflection. They carry them because they heard u-bolts have been known to break. Should I get a set and carry them, too?

What other parts ought I carry as a general kit? Later on I'll be asking about things to take with should we decide to drive to Alaska.
    When we set up our "just in case" stuff for our Alaska trip we included a spring, u-bolts, shackles & bolts, as well as bearings and seals. The one thing we didn't take was a spring hanger (because they're welded on). And that's what broke.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)