User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the cap, and it's on after the twist-on Valterra valve. Ours does leak a bit, about a cup. With the valve it's a non issue.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't speak for states other than Florida, but Florida Administrative Code Chapter 64E-15, does require the lid to be installed.

Chapter 64E-15, Florida Administrative Code
    Mobile Home, Lodging, and Recreational Vehicle Parks and Recreational Camps

64E-15.004 Sewage Disposal.
    (1) A safe method of sewage collection, disposal, or treatment and disposal shall be provided at each park or
    camp and shall be in compliance with either Chapter 64E-6, Standards for Onsite Sewage Treatment and Disposal
    Systems, or Chapter 62-600, F.A.C., Domestic Wastewater Facilities. Transportable wastewater containers and
    cassette-type toilets may be used under the following conditions:
    (a) The transportable wastewater container and cassette-type toilet must be specifically designed and sold for
    holding and transporting wastewater, and must have a tight-capping lid and watertight connections that under
    normal use will not leak or spill.

(b) Waste from hand washing sinks, kitchen sinks, and showers may be disposed of into transportable
    wastewater containers. Toilet waste may not be placed into a transportable wastewater container.
    (c) Cassette-type portable toilets are acceptable for the holding and transportation of toilet waste, provided the
    storage container can be sealed in such a manner as to preclude leaking or spillage during transportation.
    (d) Transportable wastewater containers and cassette-type toilets shall be transported to an approved disposal
    site in such a manner as to preclude leakage, spillage or the creation of a sanitary nuisance.
    Last edited by Don and Linda; 03-12-2023 at 11:29 AM.
    Don and Linda along with Trixie and Chase the Camping Dogs
    Jacksonville, Florida

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 Duramax Crewcab LTZ
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    Many times over the years I have heard it said that it is illegal to be on the highway without a cap. I have never checked to see if this actually a law as i never travel without the cap on. If something were to catch the pull handle and open the tank drain you would make quite a mess on the road and might be held liable for the cleanup, I would rather not take that chance.
    I use the Valterra valve with a cap on it. Ever follow a cattle truck through a 55mph sweeping curve? It's a sight to see all the sh...tuff flowing out the trailer.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try riding a motorcycle behind one some time.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Try riding a motorcycle behind one some time.
    Thx u all who replied, after reading the mention of the vaulter valve I dawned on me seeing this mention on BTBRV channel. Again you all.
    U.S. Army Veteran
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie DRW LB 6.7 HO Cummins, 6 Speed Trans
    2022 Solitude 380FL-R
    Victron Multi Plus II Invertor 3000W Inverter, 2-300amp Lithiums
    Previously Grand Design Trnscend Explor 274BH
    Full time since 02/22

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having had RVs with leaky valves, I always kept a cap on the sewer pipe. I put on a clear one with a garden hose fitting that holds a ball valve. That way I can see if there is any liquid in the pipe before I remove it, if there is, I can drain it through the ball valve before taking the cap off.
    Clear cap with hose connection (https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T102...dp/B00ON6GH3G/)
    Garden hose ball valve (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081NHL9FC/)

On my 2670MK, I decided to try adding the Valterra twist-on waste valve, it fits pretty close and doesn't seem to stick out much.
    External waste valve (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BGHYJS)

Here's a picture of everything together.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230312_142607.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	45266

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RubiconMike View Post
    Having had RVs with leaky valves, I always kept a cap on the sewer pipe. I put on a clear one with a garden hose fitting that holds a ball valve. That way I can see if there is any liquid in the pipe before I remove it, if there is, I can drain it through the ball valve before taking the cap off.
    Clear cap with hose connection (https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T102...dp/B00ON6GH3G/)
    Garden hose ball valve (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081NHL9FC/)

On my 2670MK, I decided to try adding the Valterra twist-on waste valve, it fits pretty close and doesn't seem to stick out much.
    External waste valve (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BGHYJS)

Here's a picture of everything together.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230312_142607.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	45266
    Ditto to above.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    I use the Valterra valve with a cap on it. Ever follow a cattle truck through a 55mph sweeping curve? It's a sight to see all the sh...tuff flowing out the trailer.
    I use a clear Valterra cap I purchased on Amazon. No "unseen" surprises behind cap. If there is a little bit of liquid behind the cap I open it slowly and drain into slinky hose or use a 10 gallon trash bag for a bigger volume of "stuff".
    2007 Ram 5.9 CTD 4x4 LB
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an additional advantage to adding the Valtera valve. If you have dual grey tanks as I do, you can equalize the contents if, say, your bathroom tank gets full. With the external valve closed, you can open both grey tank drains and use the total volume of both tanks. Safe Travels.
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Jim View Post
    There is an additional advantage to adding the Valtera valve. If you have dual grey tanks as I do, you can equalize the contents if, say, your bathroom tank gets full. With the external valve closed, you can open both grey tank drains and use the total volume of both tanks. Safe Travels.
    I assume you mean you can do this if you put a pipe between the two tanks? Our new 23LDE has two tanks but I haven't looked up in the belly yet to see how everything is arranged but I assume the two tanks are not connected coming from the factory?
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast