User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum BillandLisa! Congrats on your new rig. Lots of experienced people willing to help.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Welcome
    Do you have anywhere near enough payload with a loaded Denali 3/4 ton?
    I wouldn’t think so
    Maybe post some numbers
    GCVWR=11550 lbs, Loaded with everything but the traiier = 8860lbs, leaving 2690lbs. Hitch weight is 2461 lbs leaving 229 lbs. Based on brochure weights Pin 2461, dry weight of 12,552 the hitch weight is running at 19.6%. We will have to be careful with what we pack and where we put it. We don't travel with tanks filled. Rear axle weight is at 3720 out of 6600 when ready to roll without 5er, and in my experience some of the hitch weight is distributed to the front axle but even if all of it goes to the rear axle. I am at 6161 with the unloaded trailer, leaving 500 lbs available on the rear axle. In hindsight when I upgraded the truck 3 years ago I wish I had gotten the 3500, but I think I will be okay. If once I do a loaded weight reading if I am slightly over weight, I am ready to remove my Curt 20k hitch and switch to an anderson hitch which will reduce the payload carried on the truck by about 180lbs. If I need to upgrade the truck because I am too far over, I will do that reluctantly but alive with a reduced bank account is better than the opposite situation. Thanks for the concern but when we looked to upgrade the pin weight was the first litmus test before I even stepped foot inside the rig.

Having lost the rear drivers tire on our 2001 Chevy 2500 while bringing the Montana home at 65mph on the PA Turnpike has made me very safety conscious. (long story short, brought the truck a week earlier and dealer (Priority Chevy) botched the safety inspection and checklist. The tire removed for brake inspection was not properly torqued after being remounted. Drove from Va beach to Muskegon Michigan to pick up Montana. On the way back stayed overnight in Rest stop on Ohio/PA border and on day one exit before breezewood lost the tire. They were milling the blacktop on the turnpike so I attributed the vibration to the road surface. All 8 lugnuts backed off the studs and the wheel left the truck. Luckily, I knew that in any "situation" to gain control of the vehicle using only the manual overide on the trailer brakes. Once I was on the shoulder and down to about 5mph I touched the truck brakes and the backend dropped onto the left rear disc brake. Damage to the quarter panel of the truck and a scrape on the very back of the trailer that is there to this day. When doing my walk around before departing I always see that and remember to say a prayer of thanks and ask for the lord's providence on our latest outing. The studs had to be replaced as the rim had worn on the threads some but none broke. The rim holes had some wear/elongation, but the rim held up, and the disk brake had a dime size flat spot. Dealer tried everything to avoid responsibility even suggesting someone tried to steal the tire off the truck the previous night and was frightened off after removing the lug nuts. Also claimed we overloaded the rims but wasn't sure because he couldn't find the weight rating. I pointed to the stamped value on the rim and showed him the scale readout proving the rim wasn't overloaded and obviously it had not failed. Luckily the same two techs that signed off on torquing the lugnuts also screwed up reconnecting an engine sensor module and that there were no open recalls. Before picking up the trailer we stopped and visiting family north of Detroit and took the truck to my brother who was the lead tech at a GMC dealership to address the engine trouble light. First thing they did was run the VIN and note an open recall and then found the sensor plug not plugged back in which immediately fixed the check engine light. It took threatening Priority chevy with going to court (illegal for a dealership to sell an auto with an open recall in Virginia) for them to make things right for me and stop insisting that they had two guys sign off on everything so it had to have been done right. Thank god for a recall on the tail gate cables!
    Last edited by BillandLisa; 03-12-2023 at 10:43 PM.
    Bill and Lisa
    Virginia Beach, Va
    2023 Reflection 367BHS
    2020 GMC 2500 Denali

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you SOUNDSAILOR, The dealer already has a list of items we want addressed - larger hand rail, Inverter, etc. (nothing too heavy) and suggested we come by this week and do a walkthrough so if we find items in addition to what they will find they can all be fixed on one list. Claims the end results are better when the techs start on the rig and focus on it vice stringing together a number of small add on items that they squeeze in between other projects.
    Bill and Lisa
    Virginia Beach, Va
    2023 Reflection 367BHS
    2020 GMC 2500 Denali

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    hmmmmmmm...I see everyones signature but theirs. Another forum hiccup
    I didn't set up my signature until after I had done the welcome post. Still doesn't appear in that first post but it does appear in my later posts.
    Bill and Lisa
    Virginia Beach, Va
    2023 Reflection 367BHS
    2020 GMC 2500 Denali

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Members, Old Campers!

Quote Originally Posted by BillandLisa View Post
    GCVWR=11550 lbs, Loaded with everything but the traiier = 8860lbs, leaving 2690lbs. Hitch weight is 2461 lbs leaving 229 lbs. Based on brochure weights Pin 2461, dry weight of 12,552 the hitch weight is running at 19.6%. We will have to be careful with what we pack and where we put it. We don't travel with tanks filled. Rear axle weight is at 3720 out of 6600 when ready to roll without 5er, and in my experience some of the hitch weight is distributed to the front axle but even if all of it goes to the rear axle. I am at 6161 with the unloaded trailer, leaving 500 lbs available on the rear axle. In hindsight when I upgraded the truck 3 years ago I wish I had gotten the 3500, but I think I will be okay. If once I do a loaded weight reading if I am slightly over weight, I am ready to remove my Curt 20k hitch and switch to an anderson hitch which will reduce the payload carried on the truck by about 180lbs. If I need to upgrade the truck because I am too far over, I will do that reluctantly but alive with a reduced bank account is better than the opposite situation. Thanks for the concern but when we looked to upgrade the pin weight was the first litmus test before I even stepped foot inside the rig.

Having lost the rear drivers tire on our 2001 Chevy 2500 while bringing the Montana home at 65mph on the PA Turnpike has made me very safety conscious. (long story short, brought the truck a week earlier and dealer (Priority Chevy) botched the safety inspection and checklist. The tire removed for brake inspection was not properly torqued after being remounted. Drove from Va beach to Muskegon Michigan to pick up Montana. On the way back stayed overnight in Rest stop on Ohio/PA border and on day one exit before breezewood lost the tire. They were milling the blacktop on the turnpike so I attributed the vibration to the road surface. All 8 lugnuts backed off the studs and the wheel left the truck. Luckily, I knew that in any "situation" to gain control of the vehicle using only the manual overide on the trailer brakes. Once I was on the shoulder and down to about 5mph I touched the truck brakes and the backend dropped onto the left rear disc brake. Damage to the quarter panel of the truck and a scrape on the very back of the trailer that is there to this day. When doing my walk around before departing I always see that and remember to say a prayer of thanks and ask for the lord's providence on our latest outing. The studs had to be replaced as the rim had worn on the threads some but none broke. The rim holes had some wear/elongation, but the rim held up, and the disk brake had a dime size flat spot. Dealer tried everything to avoid responsibility even suggesting someone tried to steal the tire off the truck the previous night and was frightened off after removing the lug nuts. Also claimed we overloaded the rims but wasn't sure because he couldn't find the weight rating. I pointed to the stamped value on the rim and showed him the scale readout proving the rim wasn't overloaded and obviously it had not failed. Luckily the same two techs that signed off on torquing the lugnuts also screwed up reconnecting an engine sensor module and that there were no open recalls. Before picking up the trailer we stopped and visiting family north of Detroit and took the truck to my brother who was the lead tech at a GMC dealership to address the engine trouble light. First thing they did was run the VIN and note an open recall and then found the sensor plug not plugged back in which immediately fixed the check engine light. It took threatening Priority chevy with going to court (illegal for a dealership to sell an auto with an open recall in Virginia) for them to make things right for me and stop insisting that they had two guys sign off on everything so it had to have been done right. Thank god for a recall on the tail gate cables!
    Those trailers run over 3000 lbs on the pin
    You are going to over ratings

The last thing you want to do is load the rear to lighten the front. Fifth wheels can get into sway situations as well

I personally would take a step back and look at numbers before you sign for this new trailer

Good luck
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Those trailers run over 3000 lbs on the pin
    You are going to over ratings

The last thing you want to do is load the rear to lighten the front. Fifth wheels can get into sway situations as well

I personally would take a step back and look at numbers before you sign for this new trailer

Good luck
    That is very concerning. where are you to getting your number from? Do you have this model? Do you have numbers to support this.
    On the web site the numbers run from 1865 to 2461. Any 367 owners care to share their actual numbers? Thanks,

anyone have any suggestions on how I can have the dealer prove the actual pin weight before I sign on the dotted line?
    Bill and Lisa
    Virginia Beach, Va
    2023 Reflection 367BHS
    2020 GMC 2500 Denali

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is very concerning. where are you to getting your number from? Do you have this model? Do you have numbers to support this.
    On the web site the numbers run from 1865 to 2461. Any 367 owners care to share their actual numbers? Thanks,

anyone have any suggestions on how I can have the dealer prove the actual pin weight before I sign on the dotted line?
    All new units come with weight sheets from the factory, the dealer will have this. This is dry weight, the number on the paper will not include battery, propane tanks, fluids and of course cargo. Whatever number they give you will increase, and as stated you shouldn't try to load heavy in the rear to decrease pin weight.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Members, Old Campers!

I don’t have this model but I just know what they end up weighing
    It is a lot more than people think
    There is a thread on here of trailer weights
    There is one 367 in there and that poster said his pin weight was 3000 and change
    As stated above there is a document in the black bag that shows the actual factory weight but plus propane and batteries and then of course camping gear

Edit. I don’t mean to get you worried but I think you need to double check. I can guarantee the dealer doesn’t care. He will say you can do it no problem
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12