User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crsylvia View Post
    The trailer is stock 2023 with a solar panel nothing added so far. We camp in the 4 corners area Colorado and New Mexico trip 3 to 5 nights. Most areas do not have power or internet that why we need something to power a Starlink.
    I have looked at solar generators and from what I have seen they are not a good option lots of unhappy customers. So I was looking at a deep cycle battery lithium phosphate type with an inverter and portable solar panels.
    OK, stock for the 22MLE appears to include a 165-watt and a 25 Amp Charge Controller. The specs also show the proper plugs on the roof which would aid in expanding your system. The stock system will barely (assuming good sun) keep your 12-volt refrigerator and a few lights going. To add other power uses you will need more solar power and for sure better batteries. On my rig, I have 4 200 Ah Lifepo4 batteries. Many of the sites we camp at are shaded so I don't count on solar much. I can get 4 to 5 days off of the batteries with no recharge, with solar quite a bit more (my refrigerator is a bit bigger than yours). For you I'd suggest a minimum of 600 Ah batteries (3 200 Ah or 2 300 Ah like https://www.amazon.com/LOSSIGY-LiFeP.../dp/B0BHVDZBFQ - these are the one's I have and they've performed well), there's more solar where you are so that should last you five days. Connect the batteries to a set of bus bars and you should be good to go. You can get by with a small inverter (something like https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082MDRC64) to power the Starlink and TV. I'd be thinking about adding additional solar panels, but that could wait.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You camp in pretty sunny areas. You already have the wiring you need to add solar to the roof. Swap out the 25A Furrion charge controller with something a bit more powerful that supports an MPPT profile, then go with the batteries as suggested here. Keep a small genny in the truck for cloudy days. GD sells cables to connect standard solar panels from Renogy or similar to the Furrion proprietary plugs. Should be pretty much plug and play to add capacity.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The trailer is stock 2023 with a solar panel nothing added so far. We camp in the 4 corners area Colorado and New Mexico trip 3 to 5 nights. Most areas do not have power or internet that why we need something to power a Starlink.
    I have looked at solar generators and from what I have seen they are not a good option lots of unhappy customers. So I was looking at a deep cycle battery lithium phosphate type with an inverter and portable solar panels.
    Reading this thread will give you a good idea of what you need and how to accomplish it in a logical way:

Installing-a-Solar-System-in-Phases

This thread might also be useful:

Affordable-Solar-How-To-Design-and-Install-an-Affordable-Solar-System
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and thanks for all of the helpful input. We ended up going with modest setup for solar power/battery system.
    1. An additional 175 watt renogy solar roof panel for a total of 330 watts.
    2. Renogy 2000 watt inverter
    3. Weize 12v 100Ah battery x 2
    4. Weize lockable steel battery box set behind the propane tanks
    5. Renogy blue tooth monitor.
    6. Additional charging MPPT module for use with portable solar panels
    7. Misc. wiring, connectors, and brackets etc.
    Our dealer in Durango is doing the installation. There is no way to get the trailer up here to our home due to snow.
    We are going to try out the system here in SW Colorado and New Mexico within the next month or so. Right now we got huge snow piles and ice snow covered roads at our remote location near Durango CO at 8,000 ft altitude near Lemon Reservoir. We will make additional posts on how it works out.
    Last edited by Crsylvia; 03-17-2023 at 08:29 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and thanks for all of the helpful input. We ended up going with modest setup for solar power/battery system.
    1. An additional 175 watt renogy solar roof panel for a total of 330 watts.
    2. Renogy 2000 watt inverter
    3. Weize 12v 100Ah battery x 2
    4. Weize lockable steel battery box set behind the propane tanks
    5. Renogy blue tooth monitor.
    6. Additional charging MPPT module for use with portable solar panels
    7. Misc. wiring, connectors, and brackets etc.
    Our dealer in Durango is doing the installation. There is no way to get the trailer up here to our home due to snow.
    We are going to try out the system here in SW Colorado and New Mexico within the next month or so. Right now we got huge snow piles and ice snow covered roads at our remote location near Durango CO at 8,000 ft altitude near Lemon Reservoir. We will make additional posts on how it works out.
    Thanks for sharing, that should be a good system to get started with. You may end up adding more batteries, you won't know until you get some usage under your belt. Another option would be a small generator for times when the solar can't keep up.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12