User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Curt Crosswing 20K on B&W rails. Our Turning Point is locked out because the Crosswing head swivels. This is how Curt told us to set it up. We are new to the 5th wheel world but have towed about 1300 miles so far into our 3 month trip. No issues with the hitch at all. We are a little nose up with about 10" of clearance from the side rails to the nose. Hitch is set at the lowest point and our trifold bed cover closes with no problems.
    Chris & Penny with pups Abby, Piper Louise, and Wilson Henry
    '22 Ram 2500 Laramie Night Edition 4X4, 6.7, 3.73, 6'4" box, Delmonico Red Pearl
    '23 Reflection 150 295RL with 165W Solar package, Dual Air
    Curt Crosswing 20K with B&W rails, Starlink

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davehtutk View Post
    Thanks for the post, while not technically a fifth wheel hitch it is closer to a fifth wheel than an Anderson which is more of a gooseball attachment, which is something I do no want. Thanks for the info on the service. I also contact curt to learn more about the updated turning points and service on it and I glad to know that you now dont have to pull the entire hitch off, before you had to take it off at the base and realign all 8 bolts. That makes me less concerned about servicing it, but I would still rather use the hitch locked out vs turning. I would have ordered a different pin box if it was an option.
    Why are you against a gooseball setup? You said you wanted the bed of your truck available, didn't you? I don't have a 5th wheel yet (currently with a GD 2800BH) but the Gen 3 Reese Goosebox is looking like the way I will go, along with an F-350 short box. Gen Y is also a possibility.
    Scott and Jenny
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
    2018 Ford F-150 XLT, 3.5 EB, Max Tow Pkg.
    ProPride Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hornsky,
    Well with he 150s there is a couple things, the Reese Goosebox won't go on the frame how its set for the turning point, the goose ball set ups do not support the turning point future if you want to use it and finally Im out west and alot of the states require safety chains with goose ball connections. A kingpin to hitch doesn't

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12