Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Controller Location 2023 310GK

Can’t find my controller location for my 2023 310GK. Having issues keeping by battery charged. Drops to 7 volts or so every night. We are plugged in to shore power and have 110 no problem, but nothing DC related works. Also, the solar charges battery up to 12+ volts every day. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wecome to the Site!!

On the 2022 - The AC to DC converter is mounted under the steps - You get to it by removing the center panel on the Pass Through.

Is your Emergency Brakeaway "key" installed? I was, in error, pulling my emergency brakaway key and that will drain the batteries overnight.

If you have no DC, is your inverter turned on? The Battery disconnect in the 2022's is in the very front bay, mounted to the ceiling. You then turn it on (on the 2022's) with the WFCO controller in the passthrough. Both the disconnect and the WFCO need to be turned on for the DC to AC Inverter.

Good Luck
    Last edited by crv0262; 03-13-2023 at 05:39 AM.
    Clark and Jane (& Riley our Chocolate Lab)
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R, Solar Package, Slide Toppers, ABS
    2022 Silverado 3500HD SRW 8' High Country, B&W Companion 20K Hitch
    Previous Rigs: 2016 Cross Roads Sunset by THOR - 250RB, 2016 2500 HD Double Cab Gas

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighClouds View Post
    Can’t find my controller location for my 2023 310GK. Having issues keeping by battery charged. Drops to 7 volts or so every night. We are plugged in to shore power and have 110 no problem, but nothing DC related works. Also, the solar charges battery up to 12+ volts every day. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Check your battery disconnect switch.

Your Converter is located in the hold behind the false wall next to the stairs. Because your Battery is located in the front hold, on the opposite side of the battery disconnect switch (located on the front wall, passenger side, in the hold near the top) the battery can not be charged by the Converter. However, your Solar charge Controller is able to charge your batteries because it is connected directly to the batteries inside the front hold.

Another possibility is that power to your Converter is turned off, either a tripped 120 volt breaker, or the Converter was not plugged in at the factory. Check all your breakers and ensure they are all on by turning them off and then on. If your Converter starts to work you should see about 13.2 + volts at the battery (be sure to turn off your Solar before checking the voltage, otherwise, you will be seeing the Solar Voltage and not the Converter Voltage). If your Converter is still not working, unplug the camper from shore power and disconnect the Inverter (if you have one) and pull the power control center out of the cabinet. Once you have removed the power control center, you should see a 120v outlet behind the Power Control Center where the Converter should be plugged into. Check to ensure that the Converter is properly plugged into that outlet and reassemble. Plug in your coach and check the battery voltage again.

If you have done all this, there is a chance that a 12v DC fuse is blown on the back of the Converter itself. You will need to gain access to the Converter to check this fuse(es). If everything has failed to this point, your Converter is probably bad. Remove it from the coach and perform a bench test on it, if it is bad, but a new Progressive Dynamics Converter (I would recommend getting a Lithium Capable model just in case you want to upgrade to Lithium in the future).

Good Luck and let us know what you find.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I re-read - Looks like you have AC power, but not DC. The battery disconnect for DC is in the Pass through. Also, the converter plugs into the back of the DC Fuse Panel - If memory is correct, it is 4 screws to pull the DC fuse Panel to check if it is plugged in.
    Clark and Jane (& Riley our Chocolate Lab)
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R, Solar Package, Slide Toppers, ABS
    2022 Silverado 3500HD SRW 8' High Country, B&W Companion 20K Hitch
    Previous Rigs: 2016 Cross Roads Sunset by THOR - 250RB, 2016 2500 HD Double Cab Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone. I swapped out the converter and it’s looking good. (Haven’t figured out how to reply individually yet - so, again, thanks to everyone!)
    Bob and Isabella (and Sophia, our cat)
    2024 GMC 3500 HD Denali Dually
    2023 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
    “If there’s any doubt, there is no doubt.”