User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know about this lithium battery brand?

This deal looks almost too good to be true. A 200 Ah Lithium battery for $450?? Brand is Wanroy. I know they make "solar generators" but can't find many reviews about the battery itself. Anyone have any experience with these?
    https://www.wanroytech.com/product/1...phate-battery/
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2021 Ford F‑150 XLT 3.5L V6 Hybrid 4WD SuperCrew Cab Factory Max tow package

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FL-Guy View Post
    This deal looks almost too good to be true. A 200 Ah Lithium battery for $450?? Brand is Wanroy. I know they make "solar generators" but can't find many reviews about the battery itself. Anyone have any experience with these?
    https://www.wanroytech.com/product/1...phate-battery/
    When I click on the link it says $799 which seems high for a 200 Ah battery of this type.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    When I click on the link it says $799 which seems high for a 200 Ah battery of this type.
    There is a coupon down below
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    There is a coupon code on the bottom of the page for $351 off. Promo code 200#351
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see any mention of the BMS being able to protect it against low temperature charging. LFP batteries should not be charge when the internal temperature of the battery fall below 32° F.....might be something to think about if you use them in cold weather environments
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I didn't see any mention of the BMS being able to protect it against low temperature charging. LFP batteries should not be charge when the internal temperature of the battery fall below 32° F.....might be something to think about if you use them in cold weather environments
    I did find a YouTube video (in German) of a teardown of the battery. https://youtu.be/MMaFnWql9_0
    Apparently it has a high and low temperature cutoff. The sensor is in the case. Guy used a heat gun on the sensor and it cut the battery off. Also used freezing spray and it also cut the battery off. Wish I understood German to get all the particulars, but it appears the reviewer liked the battery. Not sure if the BMS shuts down charging based on temperature also (again language barrier)

Another tester of the battery without teardown https://youtu.be/oY5_MnxgqAg Reviewer gave a thumbs up at the end of the video.

If anyone speaks German and wants to take a few minutes to watch these reviews it would be greatly appreciated.
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, check this site
    https://diysolarforum.com/members/will-prowse.1/

Will Prowse does a lot of reviews on lithium batteries. He knows his stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not german, it's fraenkisch (franconian dialect)! Big difference - for the franconians!

As you mentioned already, in general he likes it. He was a bit surprised about the internal parts, expected a little bit higher build quality, but still ok.

By the way, the auto generated subtitles at Youtube (when available) work surprisingly good and should be enough to get the gist of most reviews. Settings symbol in the lower right corner of a video, and select Subtitile --> Aut- Translate. Then activate the subtitles with the "CC" button next to the settings symbol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BatYT.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	45457
    2020 Imagine XLS 23bhe with a cold bedroom
    2018 F150 STX 5.0

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXDale View Post
    It's not german, it's fraenkisch (franconian dialect)! Big difference - for the franconians!

As you mentioned already, in general he likes it. He was a bit surprised about the internal parts, expected a little bit higher build quality, but still ok.

By the way, the auto generated subtitles at Youtube (when available) work surprisingly good and should be enough to get the gist of most reviews. Settings symbol in the lower right corner of a video, and select Subtitile --> Aut- Translate. Then activate the subtitles with the "CC" button next to the settings symbol.

Name:	BatYT.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	45457
    Thanks for checking that out. Didn't know there was fraenkisch. Is that like American vs British English or Northern vs Southern ya'll?? I did find the CC translation option and watched both videos again. To me it seems like an okay buy considering the extra 24-30 Ah from the rated 200Ah and it's only $450
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put one in a cart, tried the discount code and it doesn't work. I even cut-n-pasted the code to be sure I was typing it right. Anyone else have luck using the discount code?

Name:	battery1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	45609
    Last edited by Ski Pro 3; 03-29-2023 at 06:31 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast