User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picking it up on Thursday.

Retired last year and the wife ,who has to work for a few more, have decided on a 23LDE. Have had a few trailers through the years and this one looked awesome for the storage and size of bathroom, The biggest complaints we have with our current one. Looking forward to picking the brains of the experts.
    I do have some concerns about the 12 volt fridge. On occasion, we do dry camp for a night or two. Blue skies and sunny weather charge the battery through the day fine. I live in Oregon. See where I'm going with this?
    Had a solar panel on our last RV so I'm somewhat familiar with what to expect. Going to go with duel batteries for the added capacity, going to get a little Honda generator to top them off during the day if needed. It's not so much the clouds as it is the trees in some of the camps we go too.
    Anyone know the output of the charger on the trailer? I have an E-mail in too GD but haven't heard back yet. A friend said if I'm running the generator to just charge the batteries, I can do it quicker if I bring a dedicated charger and just hook it up straight to the batteries. The dealer confirmed this, just curious how much of a difference there was.
    The wife is all ready to take it out this weekend, But I'm bringing it home with out a weight dist. hitch and can't order one till the trailer is home and I can take measurements to ensure I get the right one. Thinking on going with the Anderson, getting tired of the bars and noise of the old style.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your tow vehicle and what ball platform are you using?
    The TW will be 650 lbs plus
    You might exceed the ratings without a wdh
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new trailer! We don't have the 12 v fridge so I'll leave any details to that for someone else
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    What is your tow vehicle and what ball platform are you using?
    The TW will be 650 lbs plus
    You might exceed the ratings without a wdh
    Tow cap is 7700lbs, 10% is 770lbs for TW. Hitch weight on GD site says 524lbs. I think I should be fine, but thank you for the warning.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redfernclan View Post
    Tow cap is 7700lbs, 10% is 770lbs for TW. Hitch weight on GD site says 524lbs. I think I should be fine, but thank you for the warning.
    Just fyi the 524 is a useless number the manufacturer posts. It will be over 650 once options are installed
    Battery,tanks etc. loaded camping it will be and should be closer to 800

Most ball platforms are only 350/3500 lb rated
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have some concerns about the 12 volt fridge. On occasion, we do dry camp for a night or two. Blue skies and sunny weather charge the battery through the day fine. I live in Oregon. See where I'm going with this?
    Had a solar panel on our last RV so I'm somewhat familiar with what to expect. Going to go with duel batteries for the added capacity, going to get a little Honda generator to top them off during the day if needed. It's not so much the clouds as it is the trees in some of the camps we go too.
    Anyone know the output of the charger on the trailer? I have an E-mail in too GD but haven't heard back yet. A friend said if I'm running the generator to just charge the batteries, I can do it quicker if I bring a dedicated charger and just hook it up straight to the batteries. The dealer confirmed this, just curious how much of a difference there was.
    OK, the specs for your 23LDE show a 165W Roof Mounted Solar Panel, Roof Mounted Quick Connect Plugs, and a 25 Amp Charge Controller. If you're lucky (and have good sun and few trees) that system will barely keep your frig and a few lights going. You're going to need more battery power, I'd recommend LiFePo4 but you might get by by adding a second battery (you most likely got a lead-acid 100 Ah from the dealer).
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd highly recommend swapping out the standard WFCO charger with the Lithium Capable version. It's around $200 or less to do so. Then get a pair of 100ah Lithium batteries. Should have zero issue with the 12v fridge that way with the Honda as a portable charger.
    Last edited by uwskier; 03-13-2023 at 12:20 PM.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Just fyi the 524 is a useless number the manufacturer posts. It will be over 650 once options are installed
    Battery,tanks etc. loaded camping it will be and should be closer to 800

Most ball platforms are only 350/3500 lb rated
    Just getting it home first, then the Anderson hitch goes on.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just getting it home first, then the Anderson hitch goes on.
    I understand that
    Good luck. I hope it is not far
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    I'd highly recommend swapping out the standard WFCO charger with the Lithium Capable version. It's around $200 or less to do so. Then get a pair of 100ah Lithium batteries. Should have zero issue with the 12v fridge that way with the Honda as a portable charger.
    Appreciate the advice and I might go that way. Just thinking for the short term, dual batteries should keep things going, and the generator to top stuff off. We may find after a year or two we are getting so soft in our old age that if we don't have power, we don't go.
    You never know, before I'm done I may have three more panels on the roof, a windmill vein for going between camps on the road and what the hell, drag a wheel under the RV hooked to a generator and we will be able to light up the sky like Thor! By the power of grayskull! OOOps, wrong show....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast