Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No hot water after 6 minute shower

Hi everyone
    I’m new to all this. I’m not even sure I’m doing this right. Hopefully😁😁😁😁
    I have a 2022 solitude 373fb. I love it but my hot water when taking a shower is all cold in 6 minutes
    Techs have checked out the hot water heater and they say it’s seems to function correctly. I’m thinking it isn’t fine since I run out of hot water. Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks you in advance
    Anna

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely something wrong
    Maybe list what type of heater you have so others can maybe help
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's a tank-less, then that is certainly not right. If it's a 12gal tank, then I wouldn't be surprised. Depending on how hot a shower you like to take and the flow rate of your water system and source (city water or pump), your length of hot water can vary (up to the max flow rate of the entire system). So if you have a shower head that can supply 3.0gpm and the water source can meet that demand, you'll have 4 minutes of pure hot water, MAX. I say max because as soon as you start using the water, fresh cold water enters the tank mixing with the hot water, so you're really not getting a full 12 gallons of hot water.

HTH.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    If it's a tank-less, then that is certainly not right. If it's a 12gal tank, then I wouldn't be surprised. Depending on how hot a shower you like to take and the flow rate of your water system and source (city water or pump), your length of hot water can vary (up to the max flow rate of the entire system). So if you have a shower head that can supply 3.0gpm and the water source can meet that demand, you'll have 4 minutes of pure hot water, MAX. I say max because as soon as you start using the water, fresh cold water enters the tank mixing with the hot water, so you're really not getting a full 12 gallons of hot water.

HTH.
    I would be very surprised. My 6 gallon has never run out of hot water with multiple showers back to back and that is just on electricity and not dual heat
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Run the WH on gas & electric if you want longer showers & see if that helps.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nee to get more info on my tank. But that’s what I hear. Other owners have no problem taking multiple showers with no problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do run on both electric and propane Hooked up to city
    It’s a suburban 12 gallon I don’t take very hot showers. The knob when I take a shower is a bit more towards hot, within 6 minutes I have turned the hot knob all the way to all hot and it’s cold No one uses the hot water before a shower is taken
    No other solitudes owners over here has the same problem. As far as water flow rates I have no clues
    ��

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna2223 View Post
    I nee to get more info on my tank. But that’s what I hear. Other owners have no problem taking multiple showers with no problem.
    Hey Anna, welcome to the forum. The specs on the 2023 373fb show a tankless hot water heater (it's possible but unlikely that the 2022 373fb had one with a tank). We have the tankless and it works quite well for us. We've never run out of hot water so something is not working correctly on your system.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What should the temperature be set to and can you adjust it on the surburban HWH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a 12 gallon tank. I have seen it

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast