Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Macerator options

Basic question: Is Flojet brand really worth the cost?

Amazon shows several different makes/models with prices all over the place. Floject is significantly higher than the others. Most likely, based on the type of camping we do, we'd be using the macerator only for grey water. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn’t see why you need a macerator for grey water

Maybe

I trust reviews.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn’t see why you need a macerator for grey water
    Oh, I need to clarify: I'd be using it to pump grey water from the sewer outlet (which is VERY low to the ground on my Solitude) up to the sewer tote which would be in the bed of my truck.

I thought about just a 12V water pump from Harbor Freight but not sure if that'll get fouled with food particles. Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Oh, I need to clarify: I'd be using it to pump grey water from the sewer outlet (which is VERY low to the ground on my Solitude) up to the sewer tote which would be in the bed of my truck.

I thought about just a 12V water pump from Harbor Freight but not sure if that'll get fouled with food particles. Thanks!
    If that is all you are doing I would personally lean towards one of the cheap 100 options then on Amazon Read the reviews and ding one others like
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use one of the cheapies from Amazon with a Water Bandit and a 130' garden hose to empty my black and gray tanks at home. It's not really lifting, but it's a long run through a garden hose. I've had no issues at all with this approach. I wired in a switch and put a two prong flat plug connector on my battery and on the macerator power line. All in, I think I spent under $100. I'd have no issues with pumping gray water up a couple feet with this setup. Only issue you'll run into is water left in the hose once your tank is empty and the pump loses prime, but that's pretty easily solved with an extra valve between the water bandit and the garden hose.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the Anbull on Amazon for $85, added a clear 45°elbow with the hose flush valve. It pumps through a 100' hose slightly up hill with no issues. Having the hose attachment on the clear 45 lets you run clean water into the system to clean out your pump and the hose running to your septic or tote.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the clean dump system. Probably way overpriced but all together and well packaged. We have an extremely low drain and seemed like I was always fighting uphill.

It all fits in one water sealed tote takes up less room than a stinky slinky and slinky holders. It was one of the best purchases I made. It lives up to its name my dumps are clean, I Think I flush the tanks more just for the heck of it.

I added a 12V SAE plug originally in the battery box now in the water distribution panel. Saves time, space and dread.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN