User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluffrat361 View Post
    I was told by GD I have a Lippert slide out. As I tried to get them to cover this under warranty since the floor was damaged. Which was unsuccessful. I’ve actually had kinda bad experience with grand design warranty claims. Kinda bummed because that’s one of the biggest reasons I went with this brand.
    Did it fail under warranty??
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Did it fail under warranty??
    Well that was the argument. The lady at GD told me it was a Lippert problem. That there was a recall on my slide and Lippert would cover any damages. So I called Lippert and they told me there was no recall on my slide. So I called GD and talked to a gentleman who basically told me they were not going to cover it since it is a normal wear item. So I guess I’m on my own. I mean the floor looks like crap but oh well

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that was the argument. The lady at GD told me it was a Lippert problem. That there was a recall on my slide and Lippert would cover any damages. So I called Lippert and they told me there was no recall on my slide. So I called GD and talked to a gentleman who basically told me they were not going to cover it since it is a normal wear item. So I guess I’m on my own. I mean the floor looks like crap but oh well
    You might want to try a Magic Eraser on the floor to remove some of the black marks left by the slide.

You might also be able to use a heat gun to gently coax the vinyl back into it's original form.

The Magic Eraser should make the scratch less noticeable at least.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out issues

So there was no recall and you were outside of the warranty term but you are bummed with Grand Design?

What was the purchase date of your trailer?
    Last edited by NB Canada; 03-17-2023 at 04:19 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    So there was no recall and you were outside of the warranty term but you are bummed with Grand Design?

What was the purchase date of your trailer?
    I never said I was outside of my warranty

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said I was outside of my warranty
    Well then it is a coverable item. When did the 1 year warranty start?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pics. I'm not familiar with your model, when they "raised it on one side", was it a simple adjustment of the guide shown in your photo? IE, loosen the bolts, raise the slide, tighten the bolts?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Thanks for the pics. I'm not familiar with your model, when they "raised it on one side", was it a simple adjustment of the guide shown in your photo? IE, loosen the bolts, raise the slide, tighten the bolts?
    Yes. From what they told me it was raised on one side and also one side was coming in further than the other side. I don’t know what adjustment they made to fix that. All I know is it operates much smoother now

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. From what they told me it was raised on one side and also one side was coming in further than the other side. I don’t know what adjustment they made to fix that. All I know is it operates much smoother now
    OK, glad to hear that it is working well for you. If you ever learn "what adjustment they made to fix that", please post here as there may be others with a similar problem.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a triangle flap torn out by the slide from a screw that fell out. I glued it back down, then hid the dark lines of the tear with cheap artist acrylics that I mixed on a palette in various shades of the greys and beiges of our flooring. Note the streaks in the floor pattern - I painted some streaks across the tear lines to further camouflage. After 15 minutes, I had the repair to a point it was hard to see. And no, I am no artist. Just experimented.

Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    You might want to try a Magic Eraser on the floor to remove some of the black marks left by the slide.

You might also be able to use a heat gun to gently coax the vinyl back into it's original form.

The Magic Eraser should make the scratch less noticeable at least.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 2500 HD/Cummins Night Ed
    Missour-uh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast