User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was in Canada a few years back, I had a full flat. The primary jack I use, and showed in the pic, wasn't able to get under the axle. I ended up buying a floor jack as well as another wheel and tire that I carry in front of the Superglide (tied down). So now, I have 5 of the same type. I also have the one in the back of the fifth wheel, cabled up and stored per factory, which isn't a quality direct replacement, as a second backup. The extra tire and floor jack gets me off the highway in record time compared to the expense and hours spent on the side of a busy road trying to deal with Coach Net and open stores on a Sunday. Boy, let me tell you, I learned that lesson and the $200 or $300 is well worth it. Thought I'd share a tangent, but also real world experience that's related. It brings me, but especially my wife, peace of mind.
    Brent & Gina
    2018 Ford F250 PSD Crew Cab
    SuperGlide 16K Hitch
    Grand Design 303 RLS

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent M View Post
    When I was in Canada a few years back, I had a full flat. The primary jack I use, and showed in the pic, wasn't able to get under the axle. I ended up buying a floor jack as well as another wheel and tire that I carry in front of the Superglide (tied down). So now, I have 5 of the same type. I also have the one in the back of the fifth wheel, cabled up and stored per factory, which isn't a quality direct replacement, as a second backup. The extra tire and floor jack gets me off the highway in record time compared to the expense and hours spent on the side of a busy road trying to deal with Coach Net and open stores on a Sunday. Boy, let me tell you, I learned that lesson and the $200 or $300 is well worth it. Thought I'd share a tangent, but also real world experience that's related. It brings me, but especially my wife, peace of mind.
    i once had change a tire on the side of the road just north of phoenix in july. 115 in the shade.the asphalt was probably 150+. i had to use the floor matts to keep from getting burned. that was the last time i used st tires.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123