Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just retired from 41 years in the grocery business. i have unloaded tens of thousands truckloads of groceries. not once did any driver lower the pressures for the empty trip back too the warehouse to pickup his next load. that would take too much time. if a trucks wheels are not rolling they are losing money. i do not remember a truck ever being late due to a tire problem.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
    exactly---i run mine at 110 -112lb cold.. glad to know i am not the only one
    I do also…110 cold.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    While that may be true, most semi drivers are not concerned how the contents of their trailer ride. And they have a few more tires to mess with too. And likely no TPMS to help them be aware of what their tires are doing. RV'ers vs semi drivers is kind of apples and oranges comparison.
    a lot of fragile items are delivered on grocery trucks. the only time we had scrambeled eggs delivered was when the driver had to take evasive action due to some idiot.
    the downside to lowering pressures is that a tire failure means the other tire is overloaded and fails soon after

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    i just retired from 41 years in the grocery business. i have unloaded tens of thousands truckloads of groceries. not once did any driver lower the pressures for the empty trip back too the warehouse to pickup his next load. that would take too much time. if a trucks wheels are not rolling they are losing money. i do not remember a truck ever being late due to a tire problem.
    How many of those trucks did you check to see if they were running max pressure as stated on the sidewall or were running pressures commensurate with their loaded weight? That is the question at hand. No one is saying run out and weigh your RV before every trip and adjust pressures. Find you max weights fully loaded with full tanks, add a safety margin and set your pressures. Or run them over inflated, probably not going to hurt anything, just have excess shock being transferred to the trailer. Its an easy test, lower the pressure in the truck tires when empty and see the difference in ride quality.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    How many of those trucks did you check to see if they were running max pressure as stated on the sidewall or were running pressures commensurate with their loaded weight? That is the question at hand. No one is saying run out and weigh your RV before every trip and adjust pressures. Find you max weights fully loaded with full tanks, add a safety margin and set your pressures. Or run them over inflated, probably not going to hurt anything, just have excess shock being transferred to the trailer. Its an easy test, lower the pressure in the truck tires when empty and see the difference in ride quality.
    i know a lot of truck drivers. they do not use a guage. they use a "thump"
    method with a small stick.
    IOW, they just are not that anal about it.
    only in the RV world do people obsess over their tires. this is because of the low quality of ST tires. i have read the govt. testing requirements for ST and LT tires. that plainly explains why ST tires fail at such a high rate

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 235/16 Sailuns on my Solitude & put 110psi in the street (heavy) side & 105 in the curb side tires. Check the depth of tread after a couple three thousand miles & adjust. After dry camping, all the foods gone, FW is almost gone & have dumped BW & GW at the nearest facility, I don't adjust tire pressure because I'm dragging lighter...I'll leave that for the anal ones.
    TPMS on the trailer, not on the truck. I bump the dually tires & the trailer tires with my nite stick (old habit). Do it long enough, you can tell from the sound if a tire is low.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
    exactly---i run mine at 110 -112lb cold.. glad to know i am not the only one
    I run mine at around 120. If they are 118 or 122, for me that's good enough.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am able to make a pressure/axleloadcapacity list for you, with build in reserve for speed and load.
    Then you " ONLY" have to determine the axleloads in your use acurately, and search them back in my list.
    Your responcibility, and the most tricky part in it all.

Need next from tires, cant see your given picture.
    1. Maximum load or loadindex
    2.kind of tire to determine the maxloadpressure. Think 120psi.
    3. Speedcode of tire. Think L for max 75mph.

From vehicle next would be nice too.
    Configuration, so howmany axles and single or duallload, GAWR's and GVWR.
    if you weighed those axle or better axle-end loads.

I think you have 22.5 inch tires, and those mostly have L speedcode.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12