User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 25G 2022 Newbie

I did it! Proud owner of a new 2022 Momentum 25G TT toy hauler. I put the cart before the horse, and decided on the trailer first. Then I went looking for the right truck. It took a while, but I found a 2021 RAM 2500 Big Horn with Cummins diesel engine. I'm choking on the cost of fuel, but I don't regret it. She handles the trailer just fine.
    I'll be a full-timer for a while and this is my first rv so the learning curve is steep.
    I've dreamed of doing this for a long time. It wasn't until I lost the final pieces of my "previous life" that I was forced to decide if I have the guts for the next adventure.
    I bought both truck and trailer in Wisconsin. Got the feel of towing from there to Florida, which will be home base for now.
    First "official" trip started today. My daughter (15) and I are in Savannah, GA for her spring break. Pulled into KOA later than planned, so most people were bedded down for the night. But I already saw 4 other GD rigs - just driving down the lane to our site. I look forward to meeting fellow GD owners!

Names:
    Truck - Lady Violet (it's actually a white truck - long story).
    Trailer - will be Lord _____ (still deciding)
    Together with my Lord and Lady, we will explore possibilities one mile at a time! Perhaps we will cross paths someday!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the start of a new adventure. How about Lord Voldemort?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, you didn't put the cart before the horse. You did it exactly right: you found the trailer you wanted, then found the truck that could haul it. Buying a truck and then finding a trailer it can haul is backwards.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats from WVa
    NAVY 1980-1984
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2023 GMC SierraDenali 2500 HD
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Congrats on the start of a new adventure. How about Lord Voldemort?
    Bite your tongue! Lady V would never join forces with He Who Must Not Be Named! Lol

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love my 25. No issues and a few mods. Wire closet shelves mid way in the cabinets, get rid of the Westlakes (tires), 2-6 volt batts, turn off the outside college refrigerator and use it for dog food storage (rodents), get a water gpm meter for short trips ( full tank is 800lbs plus), larger propane tanks and cover (unless you like bbq tanks. Also added 3" foam pad for the front bed.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exfiredude View Post
    Love my 25. No issues and a few mods. Wire closet shelves mid way in the cabinets, get rid of the Westlakes (tires), 2-6 volt batts, turn off the outside college refrigerator and use it for dog food storage (rodents), get a water gpm meter for short trips ( full tank is 800lbs plus), larger propane tanks and cover (unless you like bbq tanks. Also added 3" foam pad for the front bed.
    Some of this I already did thanks to this forum and members like you. I got the second battery - what a racket. They know you need 2, so it's just more $$ after sale. Foam topper on the mattress for now. I wouldn't buy the "upgrade" from the dealer. I'll watch for a good mattress sale. Not sure about bigger tanks because I'm not dependent on them for much, that's a wait and see. With the generator and solar panels, the tanks are mostly about the furnace.
    I've been thinking about the outside fridge. On my model, I was told the power to the fridge is only when the outdoor kitchen is in use? Maybe I'm wrong, I'll check.
    I got upgraded tires, I think because I bought a floor model. Same with the solar package and stereo.
    I like your idea about the shelves. They didn't give enough - too much tall space in the cabinets.
    What do you do about clothes that need to hang? Other than shirts, the half closet is useless. I'll probably add shelves in there. I don't have a lot to hang, but a few things I don't want to fold.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always nice to hear about the good ideas and mods everyone have. Outside reefer only works when plugged in. It's 110v, not battery. Didn't do anything to the hanging clothes closet, but use it to place the coffee maker and toaster under the clothes while traveling. The 3 table pipes also fit. Shelves mount using coax cable clips, just watch screw length depth