Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New GMC/Duramax

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adirondak5 View Post
    I did not get any discount , around these parts a truck in stock usually goes for more than a truck thats ordered , unless there is a manufacturer discount , but I did get $1000 package discount right on window sticker . They did want about $4000 over sticker when I first started talking to them and then they came down to sticker price . I did get a pretty good trade in for my old truck which I bought used in 2020 , they gave me $1000 less than what I paid for it so I did get the tax savings making the deal a bit sweeter . In my local area it seems used trucks cost as much as new and new trucks are just few and far in between . Good luck with your search , my last GM vehicle was in the 80's , I am quite pleased with the new one as I'm sure you will be too.
    I know here in CO that the deals vary from dealer to dealer. Some of my friends were being quoted up to $10K over sticker for their new Chevys. I told the GMC dealer who I have dealt with many times---I won't pay more than sticker and I didn't for my 2022 just one year ago. I ordered my truck through the local GMC dealer and rec'd it 8.5 weeks later. During that time...I was able to broker a deal to sell my current truck (2017 Sierra 3500 with 40K miles) for $9K more than I had just paid for it 3 years ago. The used market is hot and I was able to leverage that and get myself a great deal on what I then paid for the new 2022 GMC 3500 AT4. Good luck with your deal. You will love the truck. I know I do!
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    I am looking at Silverado and Sierra 3500 HD models since Ford can't seem to get me a build date on a new 2023. There seem to be a lot of 2023 GM trucks hitting the lots in just the last couple of weeks.
    Looking at a new Chevy LTZ with the Duramax, 4x4,crew cab ,standard bed, front buckets, fifth wheel pckg, off-road pkg, 12,100 lb GVWR, etc. No moon roof. Payload sticker shows 3895 lb. They are advertising a $2000.00 dealer discount off MSRP as well.
    Have not owned a GM product since 1977, but looks like that might change!
    adirondak5...if you don't mind me asking; were you able to get much of a discount on your new Sierra? Seems to vary from dealer to dealer.
    https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/Vehicl...savings%7Cdesc

Not sure what the GMC equivalent to LTZ is but AT4’s and Denali’s are $6500 off. SLT’s are $4600 off.

I dealt with a Will Harshbarger.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post

Not sure what the GMC equivalent to LTZ is but AT4’s and Denali’s are $6500 off. SLT’s are $4600 off.

Interesting on the prices...I just looked online and used the configurator to build a new model of my 2022 Sierra AT4 for 2024. The MSRP shows ~$7K more than I paid for mine. I don't think there's truly a discount....just more of those discount sales gimmicks.....Lol
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Interesting on the prices...I just looked online and used the configurator to build a new model of my 2022 Sierra AT4 for 2024. The MSRP shows ~$7K more than I paid for mine. I don't think there's truly a discount....just more of those discount sales gimmicks.....Lol
    Yep , I think you hit the nail on the head . Sales gimmicks .
    2021 REFLECTION 150 SERIES 278BH
    2023 GMC 3500HD Duramax Allison 4x4 CC SB
    B&W COMPANION HITCH FOR GM FIFTH WHEEL PREP PKG RVK3710
    Herb

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the link....I believe GMC's SLT is equivalent to Chevy's LTZ. At least an SLT on the Laura website looks almost identical to an LTZ I'm looking at in Phoenix. Same equipment as well other than the chrome steps, lane alert, and TPMS. About $6000 higher MSRP though.....the dealers discount does help offset that.
    My deal is I am a South Dakota resident for a reason....to save on taxes! Some dealers/municipalities will send you out the door with a temp tag and charge no local/state taxes knowing you will be getting it titled/registered in SD, but others are required to collect state and/or local taxes. For example, Tomball Ford in Tomball TX assured me there would be no local taxes on my 2023 Super duty order, but Ford can't seem to build a truck anymore, so it's time to look elsewhere. But when I bought the new Solitude in Mesa, AZ they had to collect county tax, no AZ state tax. And getting an answer up front on what taxes will be is like pulling teeth until you get the right person. I'll be making that call here in a bit.

SD rate is a flat 4% while AZ is over 8%.....makes a difference on a $70-80K purchase!
    2022 Solitude 378-MBS-R, 8k axles and disc brake package, slide toppers, dual panes, 5.5kw Onan, W/D, 3rd AC/heat pump
    2023 F350 Lariat DRW on order, (canceled)
    2023 Chevy 3500 LTZ long bed Duramax, 12250 GVWR, 3867 cargo cap, Z71, 5th wheel prep

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post

Are you saying that the MSRP of a '24 with a mid cycle refresh should be the same as it was 2 model years ago with the highest inflation in 40 years? Oh, and their not giving that much off on '24 orders, only $2500.

7K in 2 model years is a lot but no different than any other product out there. Some of my suppliers have gone up over 35% in that time frame. Heck the MSRP on '21 solitude 375 was 132,xxx. if it was built one week later it would have been tagged a '22. The current 2023 version....... $166k. That is insane.

Until we all stop buying crap its not gonna stop. I'm just as guilty as everyone else, though no way I would buy my RV again today at that price. But my '17 Denali just ticked over 100k and while that's not a lot for a diesel its my trigger to move on.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you saying that the MSRP of a '24 with a mid cycle refresh should be the same as it was 2 model years ago with the highest inflation in 40 years? Oh, and their not giving that much off on '24 orders, only $2500.

7K in 2 model years is a lot but no different than any other product out there. Some of my suppliers have gone up over 35% in that time frame. Heck the MSRP on '21 solitude 375 was 132,xxx. if it was built one week later it would have been tagged a '22. The current 2023 version....... $166k. That is insane.

Until we all stop buying crap its not gonna stop. I'm just as guilty as everyone else, though no way I would buy my RV again today at that price. But my '17 Denali just ticked over 100k and while that's not a lot for a diesel its my trigger to move on.
    Well I am the odd ball and all about value vs cost. So when I look at my 2022 as compared to the new 2024....there is minimal change that would cause me to upgrade or pay more. The interior looks to be nearly identical for the AT4 model that I wanted....I don't want the Tesla screen, and the power levels in my L5P will easily pull my camper all over any of the mountains that I desire.

But if a new buyer is now in the market---I understand that things keep raising in price and will continue to do so. It's a bummer! Who knows where they will stop. People here in CO can't pay their utility bills and buy groceries.....how do they expect to buy a $100K camper and $100K truck.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty rare to find prices cheaper than Laura. People fly from all over the country to buy from them for a reason. When I bought my 2016, they were $8000 cheaper than my local dealer would go, and that was without any negotiation.

MSRP going up 7 grand in two years isn't a sales gimmick IMO.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post

MSRP going up 7 grand in two years isn't a sales gimmick IMO.
    I never said that , can't have a friendly chat and make any general statements anymore ? Joining in is fine , but please , don't put words in my mouth .
    2021 REFLECTION 150 SERIES 278BH
    2023 GMC 3500HD Duramax Allison 4x4 CC SB
    B&W COMPANION HITCH FOR GM FIFTH WHEEL PREP PKG RVK3710
    Herb

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traded in the F250 gasser on a GMC 3500HD 4x4 Standard Bed CC Duramax 10 speed Allison . Got a few other packages with it too , fifth wheel prep pkg , preferred pkg . off road and protection pkg , value pkg and still more . Picked it up and brought it home Monday . Got a good price for the F250 as that only had 28000 miles on it so saved a good bit on sales tax . Had a B&W companion for Ford pucks in the F250 so had to order a new base for that , the top hitch plate is interchangeable between bases . Truck rode great on the way home , plenty of zip , the Allison shifted very smoothly . Can't wait to see how it pulls the 278BH .

Attachment 45327
    I want one, but a gasser. Just can't do it till next year. We got the wife a new car a couple of months ago.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast