User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: New GMC/Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NAKemp View Post
    Pretty much have the same thing outside of the package level which mine is just an SLE which means no bed view camera and no electronically controlled retracting mirrors but oh well, we all make our own decistions in life and am in the same boat with the B&W hitch as well. actually have the 20k turnover ball base and the slider base I need to get rid of and yes I am totally looking forward to camping season to see how this does although we have a 295RL. Probably won't even know it is back thereAttachment 45508[ATTACH=CONFIG]45508[/ATTACH
    Nice truck . Mine is an SLE too , its got what I wanted/needed . Its comfortable , and has some pretty nice features . Good luck with yours .
    2021 REFLECTION 150 SERIES 278BH
    2023 GMC 3500HD Duramax Allison 4x4 CC SB
    B&W COMPANION HITCH FOR GM FIFTH WHEEL PREP PKG RVK3710
    Herb

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adirondak5 View Post
    Nice truck . Mine is an SLE too , its got what I wanted/needed . Its comfortable , and has some pretty nice features . Good luck with yours .
    did yours come with the bed view mirror in it or power retractable mirrors? might be the only two things that would have been nicer than what I have right now.
    Neil & Diane Kemp
    2023 3500 GMC Sierra SLE with Duramax/Allison
    2022 150 Series 295RL, Disk Brake Conversion Kit, Solar Panels added.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NAKemp View Post
    did yours come with the bed view mirror in it or power retractable mirrors? might be the only two things that would have been nicer than what I have right now.
    No bed view camera or power retractable mirrors on my truck .
    Herb

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No bed view camera or power retractable mirrors on my truck .
    Well at least I don't feel so alone then. Lol. Going to find a wireless rechargable camera to use with the phone.
    Neil & Diane Kemp
    2023 3500 GMC Sierra SLE with Duramax/Allison
    2022 150 Series 295RL, Disk Brake Conversion Kit, Solar Panels added.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So got out last weekend and looked at some 2023 3500 Duramax trucks.
    Drove a black/black standard bed LTZ in Scottsdale....nice truck, not exactly what I wanted but would work. Dealer had several Chevy/GMC 3500's on the lot, but when it came time to deal they wouldn't budge off their $2000 discount, plus forcing the "protection package" and high doc fee, and low-balling my F150 trade. So I walked on that one. OK, I'm known as frugal!
    Tried again on Monday. Dealer in Casa Grande had several LT's and one LTZ, all with $3000 discounts right off the bat. Plus, the LTZ is a long bed, which I prefer for pulling the Solitude. I had to walk out three times, but finally the sales manager came out and stopped me from leaving....ended up making the trade at sometjhing like $6500-7000 under MSRP. I think GM has parts and is cranking out a lot of 2023 HD trucks before they start the 2024's. Add in current high interest rates and ready buyers have some leverage.
    GM also was offering 2.9% financing for 36 months. 3.9% for 48 or 60 months.
    Will not be pulling the fifth wheel for several weeks, but did make the 440 mi Tucson - Carlsbad run yesterday. Computer is showing an average of 16.8 mpg. Biggest trouble I have is figuring out which switch does what! After years of driving Fords, GM's layout is just different enough to confuse me. Didn't think I was going to be a fan of the newer safety alert stuff, but found I was using the blind spot alerts in the mirrors right away. Really like the smooth shifting 10 speed. And the ride is much better than I expected for an unloaded 3500.
    Now have to get a hitch and bed cover......
    2022 Solitude 378-MBS-R, 8k axles and disc brake package, slide toppers, dual panes, 5.5kw Onan, W/D, 3rd AC/heat pump
    2023 F350 Lariat DRW on order, (canceled)
    2023 Chevy 3500 LTZ long bed Duramax, 12250 GVWR, 3867 cargo cap, Z71, 5th wheel prep

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have adaptive cruise control then once you get used to it it's a game changer. I have it on our new car and love it. I canceled the lane guidance and goofy bell dings. Set the cruise, choose the distance to the vehicle in front of you and never have to worry about keeping the speed right for hours on end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    So got out last weekend and looked at some 2023 3500 Duramax trucks.
    Drove a black/black standard bed LTZ in Scottsdale....nice truck, not exactly what I wanted but would work. Dealer had several Chevy/GMC 3500's on the lot, but when it came time to deal they wouldn't budge off their $2000 discount, plus forcing the "protection package" and high doc fee, and low-balling my F150 trade. So I walked on that one. OK, I'm known as frugal!
    Tried again on Monday. Dealer in Casa Grande had several LT's and one LTZ, all with $3000 discounts right off the bat. Plus, the LTZ is a long bed, which I prefer for pulling the Solitude. I had to walk out three times, but finally the sales manager came out and stopped me from leaving....ended up making the trade at sometjhing like $6500-7000 under MSRP. I think GM has parts and is cranking out a lot of 2023 HD trucks before they start the 2024's. Add in current high interest rates and ready buyers have some leverage.
    GM also was offering 2.9% financing for 36 months. 3.9% for 48 or 60 months.
    Will not be pulling the fifth wheel for several weeks, but did make the 440 mi Tucson - Carlsbad run yesterday. Computer is showing an average of 16.8 mpg. Biggest trouble I have is figuring out which switch does what! After years of driving Fords, GM's layout is just different enough to confuse me. Didn't think I was going to be a fan of the newer safety alert stuff, but found I was using the blind spot alerts in the mirrors right away. Really like the smooth shifting 10 speed. And the ride is much better than I expected for an unloaded 3500.
    Now have to get a hitch and bed cover......
    Congrats on the new truck . I still cant get over the smooth 10 speed in mine . I had to sit and play with the steering wheel buttons for a good 1 1/2 hours to really get it all sorted out .
    Herb

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new truck . I still cant get over the smooth 10 speed in mine . I had to sit and play with the steering wheel buttons for a good 1 1/2 hours to really get it all sorted out .
    I don’t think I have driven any vehicle with a smoother tranny, other than a hydrostatic one.

I have the heads up display (HUD), didn’t think I would like it as much as I do.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I don’t think I have driven any vehicle with a smoother tranny, other than a hydrostatic one.

I have the heads up display (HUD), didn’t think I would like it as much as I do.
    The HUD does look pretty handy . I'd like to see one from behind the wheel sometime .
    Last edited by adirondak5; 04-02-2023 at 06:30 PM.
    Herb

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post

They are amazing trucks and ready to work. I totally love mine.....and it's a super comfortable pulling experience.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast