User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    A simple bolt cutter to cut through the steering wheel makes short work of The Club.
    We bought a Club for our Hyundai that has two hooks on each end. The fit around the main steering wheel brace and eliminates the possibility of cutting the wheel to remove it. I was thinking I was ok on our old truck but after reading this thread I may have to start sleeping in my truck. lol.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we always back in and set the emergency brake. should make noise if trying to tow from the front.
    Denny & Lorna
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2011 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins Long Bed DRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen several stories about would-be car-jackers being foiled by manual transmissions. Unfortunately, they aren't available for many trucks, probably because the manufacturers wouldn't sell many, and volume is what drives the options.

On a related note, I saw a video a couple of years ago of a "thief" "stealing" a travel trailer in less than a minute. The trailer had a lock on the hitch, and that didn't stop the "thief." He simply backed his truck up to the trailer, plugged it into the truck, used the tongue jack to get the tongue close to the ball, and used a stout chain to secure the trailer to the truck. Retract the jack and away you go. True, it isn't all that safe, but since his goal was just to get to a place where he could defeat the anti-theft device, it would probably work. Since he was plugged in the trailer lights would all work, and his method made it look like it was properly hitched.

If a thief wants you vehicle badly enough, there is nothing you can do to stop him. About all you can do is make it difficult enough that he goes elsewhere.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I've heard of Super Dutys being stolen frequently in parts of Texas. I'm starting to think of finding an anti-theft device for my F450 whenever I finally get it. I haven't looked into this one too much yet, but some people were talking about Ravelco. I suppose you could always supplement with the club device on the steering wheel or a boot on the wheels. An aftermarket alarm might not be a bad idea either.
    Have you given anymore consideration to Ravelco? No one knows about them here in Atlantic Canada but I do see they have dealers in Ontario. I am curious to know how it affects warranty. I need to get something, probably start with the club.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Really, seems to me that would mean the thieves have some kind of device that generates a FOB signal?
    They use an antenna and an amplifier to make your truck think you are standing directly outside it to gain entry. once they do that they can access the diag port. As noted keep your keyless start fob in an rf blocking box or envelop.

if you are that worried about it just put a cutoff switch in line with your battery hot, and turn it off when not using the truck
    GMC 2500 HD Gas
    GD Imagine XLS22 MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Yeah, heaven knows the thieves are watching the elections.
    not exactly sure what that has to do with your truck getting stolen.
    GMC 2500 HD Gas
    GD Imagine XLS22 MLE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredWeasel View Post
    not exactly sure what that has to do with your truck getting stolen.
    It was a sarcastic remark referring to an earlier post. Although it does lose something when it has to be explained.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    Have you given anymore consideration to Ravelco? No one knows about them here in Atlantic Canada but I do see they have dealers in Ontario. I am curious to know how it affects warranty. I need to get something, probably start with the club.

Oldcow
    Yes, I've decided to go with Ravelco. My install is scheduled next week. I'm not too worried about warranty, it involves splicing a lot of wires, but nothing that should cause issues. I thought about the club, but a battery powered sawzall can cut the steering wheel quickly enough. It seems like thieves are electronically making a new key fob and driving the truck away, the Ravelco prevents truck from starting. It's like an overkill type kill switch.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Yes, I've decided to go with Ravelco. My install is scheduled next week. I'm not too worried about warranty, it involves splicing a lot of wires, but nothing that should cause issues. I thought about the club, but a battery powered sawzall can cut the steering wheel quickly enough. It seems like thieves are electronically making a new key fob and driving the truck away, the Ravelco prevents truck from starting. It's like an overkill type kill switch.
    2024 Ford vehicles have an option just for this. It alerts you as soon as somebody is attempting to open/steal your vehicle. I believe it will track it via gps also and let you know where it is. All for a monthly/yearly fee.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    2024 Ford vehicles have an option just for this. It alerts you as soon as somebody is attempting to open/steal your vehicle. I believe it will track it via gps also and let you know where it is. All for a monthly/yearly fee.
    The 23s have it too unless it's something different. My phone will give me an alert if the alarm is triggered and it shows the location. I've gotten plenty of false alarms. I've been near the truck once when it happened and the truck alarm never sounded, but I received an alert. From reading other forums about people who had their truck stolen, 22s also had it and the thieves were able to quickly disable the GPS as the owners app no longer showed the truck's location.

I don't have a monthly fee, so maybe it's a trial period or the 24s have something additional ?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast