Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    All for a monthly/yearly fee.
    Wow....in the area of 100k for a new truck and you need to pay a subscription for everything to work. Brilliant.

While there are certainly positive things about big city America....from a theft perspective...I'm glad I'm a rural Canadian guy.
    Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 11-04-2023 at 05:12 AM.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are not alarmist or anything like that but My wife got us two small faraday pouches for our truck key FOBs off amazon for a couple bucks. Works to block the RFID FOB signal, and it works great! The pouches have a little chain attached inside that you attach the FOB to and a little clasp on the outside to hang on a purse or belt loop.. I just attach the pouch to my belt loop with the clasp. When walking up to the truck, take the FOB out of the pouch and put it in my pocket. When leaving the truck, put the FOB in the pouch.

As a side note, and you wont believe my story, I couldn't believe it either, but its true. Once I was standing beside my truck drivers door with just the key FOB in my pocket. I used a long neck bic BBQ lighter to light a cigarette and the truck doors unlocked. I had not touched the truck door handle. I couldn't believe it, so I tried it again and again. The truck doors would always unlock when I lit the bic lighter. I don't know how or why it does it. I tried it after we got the faraday pouches, key FOB in the pouch and it doesn't do it anymore.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 11-04-2023 at 05:58 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    The 23s have it too unless it's something different. My phone will give me an alert if the alarm is triggered and it shows the location. I've gotten plenty of false alarms. I've been near the truck once when it happened and the truck alarm never sounded, but I received an alert. From reading other forums about people who had their truck stolen, 22s also had it and the thieves were able to quickly disable the GPS as the owners app no longer showed the truck's location.

I don't have a monthly fee, so maybe it's a trial period or the 24s have something additional ?
    The 2024 Ford F-150 will be the very first FoMoCo model sold in North American that is equipped with Stolen Vehicle Services, which is a connected service designed to help locate and recover stolen vehicles. This feature launched in Europe nearly two years ago, and uses a vehicle’s sensors to determine when someone might be trying to steal a vehicle before alerting owners via the FordPass app. If the owner agrees that something fishy is going on, the feature automatically notifies police.

In Europe, Ford is able to go so far as to deactivate certain features of a vehicle remotely if it is in fact stolen, making it easier for police to track down. The automaker also operates a 24/7 call center specifically for this feature, which has safeguards built in for times when a false alarm might happen.Customers that want to take advantage of Ford Stolen Vehicle Services must opt in to activate the feature, as it uses location data to function. As is the case in Europe, 2024 Ford F-150 owners will receive an alert if someone has gained unauthorized access to their pickup – even if a person is trying to tow the vehicle away. Owners can then open the FordPass app and report the vehicle as stolen, with help from the 24/7 call center, after which authorities will work with employees to locate the vehicle – while the owner receives updates along the way.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Big Brother really is watching.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about Tury? Any experience with this product? This I can get home.

https://www.tury.com.br/internationa...=0&cod_linha=1

FAST is a high quality product with the purpose of guaranteeing maximum anti-theft and anti-theft protection for your vehicle, works in a much more agile way in acceleration responses, without damaging the electronics and mechanics of the vehicle and preserving all the guarantee and original functionality. And through the ECO mode, generate fuel economy. Operated through IOs and Android, by its Bluetooth 5.2 network.

PERFORMANCE

The improved throttle response guarantees the reduction of the original delay by up to 80%, bringing the driver much more control in his vehicle.

There are 4 Acceleration Maps: City, Tour, Sport and Fast, that are available to the driver. Each map with 9 levels of selection, operated by the FAST App. From the installation, at any acceleration of the vehicle, it will gain in response according to the selected acceleration map level. It is possible to adjust the start of the FAST action through the App. It is also possible that it does not act in reverse.

It can be deactivated through the App, guaranteeing the driver an immediate return to the original response conditions of the vehicle.

SECURITY

FAST is the most advanced protection technology against theft and robbery in the world, with international patent application for its Bluetooth and communication functions with GPS Trackers. See below how FAST guarantees the protection of your vehicle:

1) Auto Lock Mode - Smartphone - If this function is activated by the App, your phone will become your vehicle's security presence key. Only if one of the registered phones is present, the accelerator pedal will be available at the start of the vehicle. Allows up to 4 phones per FAST. After leaving the vehicle, it does not block the pedal, if FAST stops recognizing (Bluetooth scanner) the phone.

2) MagicKey - Does the same as the Smartphone, but, in addition to this, it protects against armed robberies, because, even after the ignition start FAST stops recognizing the MagicKey, it will start the progressive blocking of the accelerator pedal . MagicKey is sold separately (optional).

3) Communication with GPS Tracker - FAST has an input to receive the command to block the vehicle, through the GPS tracker installed in the vehicle. There are up to 4 different communication protocols. TURY special protocol guarantee that thieves cannot simulate and it does not matter if they cut the communication cables of the FAST with the trackers. After blocking, FAST starts progressive blocking.

4) Parking function: When activated by the driver it limits the acceleration of the vehicle. Indicated for Valet parking, mechanical shops and other situations where you do not want third parties to put a lot of speed in your vehicle.

5) Lock Function: When activated by the driver, it prevents the operation of the accelerator, making vehicle theft impossible.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Wow, Big Brother really is watching.
    ya....Interconnectivity can do some amazing things...one of them is scaring me as I think of the negative aspects.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456