User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Sorry for the late response... went on vacation after the install.

Apparently all of the trailers done while ours was there had the tabs on the top mounting IS square steel tube frame support that gets welded to the I-beam, including ours. From what I was told, it was for IS frame alignment purpose. Ours being a smaller Reflection 150 295RL, the tabs didnt even touch the side of the frame. However, It did look like there was plenty of room between the tabs and the IS arms/equipment to clear via up/down movement. Will see......

As for the cutting of the coroplast, they only cut off coroplast where the new IS square tube frame support was welded to the I-beam... no cross the belly cuts were made. The sides of the coroplast that was cut was then pushed/wedged up along the side of the new frame support and foamed/taped in place against the support. This offset my rear level sensor a little cause it pushed up the coroplast against the metal cross section sensor mount throwing off the origial set level. Easy fix on that one - just reset level.

Note: given the new IS frame support welded to the botton of the I-beam, it may make sense for a cut across the belly.. When cutting off the suspension hangers and welding on a new IS frame, future removal of the coroplast may be an issue. Cutting it cross wise may be easier to manipulate the coroplast for future maintenance purposes?

First impression: Will have to hook up the TV and ensure the brakes were bled right. Noticed on our short drive to our CG from there, that one brake seemed to engage sooner than the others. Apparently they may have rushed the bleed job - like others have also stated.

One of the first things I have done on my coaches with sealed under bellies is to remove the coroplast, get rid of the fiberglass insulation anf install Hardboard (polyisocrnate)insulation. As much as will fit. Finishing it off with reinstalling the coroplast in small sections. Future maitainence will now be much easier. And it is far better insulated
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post

One of the first things I have done on my coaches with sealed under bellies is to remove the coroplast, get rid of the fiberglass insulation anf install Hardboard (polyisocrnate)insulation. As much as will fit. Finishing it off with reinstalling the coroplast in small sections. Future maitainence will now be much easier. And it is far better insulated
    Hardboard (polyisocrnate)insulation... I had to look that one up... then I figured out it was what I used to insulate my garage doors... duh!

Got any photos of that installation?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For as much as they charge for IS, you would think Morryde would have had the 'range of movement' all figured out?

Not impressed. But...to be fair I've never been impressed with morrydes offerings.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    For as much as they charge for IS, you would think Morryde would have had the 'range of movement' all figured out?

Not impressed. But...to be fair I've never been impressed with morrydes offerings.
    Is it the quality of the IS or individual labor installations? Back when we ordered, I tried to get IS install coordinated with GD, but with supply chain, labor shortages at GD (if I recall in 2021, they cut production of a number of models due to lack of staff and supplies), and pandemic couldn't get them to budge. But seems like IS is now becoming a factory option.

I ordered the 8K axles and discs after talking to Morryde. They would re-use the discs and cut the install price roughly in half. Seemed like a good deal at the time.
    Last edited by ajg617; 05-15-2023 at 07:13 PM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Hardboard (polyisocrnate)insulation... I had to look that one up... then I figured out it was what I used to insulate my garage doors... duh!

Got any photos of that installation?
    Here ya go. I did not take many pics. Basically It is a jigsaw puzzle of custom cut pieces wedged and duct taped in place. I stuffed as much insulation as possible in there while leaving a path for the belly heat outlet to circulate hot air thruout. In has a minimum of two 1" layers everywhere. 6 layers in some places. This took well over a month of working on it in my spare time. The results are worth it Especially in the garage. The floor never gets cold in in winter conditions.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2039.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	885.8 KB 
ID:	46367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2039.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	885.8 KB 
ID:	46367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2040.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	46368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2041.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	874.6 KB 
ID:	46369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2038.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	46370
    Last edited by huntindog; 05-16-2023 at 03:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here ya go. I did not take many pics. Basically It is a jigsaw puzzle of custom cut pieces wedged and duct taped in place. I stuffed as much insulation as possible in there while leaving a path for the belly heat outlet to circulate hot air thruout. In has a minimum of two 1" layers everywhere. 6 layers in some places. This took well over a month of working on it in my spare time. The results are worth it Especially in the garage. The floor never gets cold in in winter conditions.
    Wow! Thanks. I guess that's a winter project for sure if I take it on.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Wow! Thanks. I guess that's a winter project for sure if I take it on.
    If you decide to do it, a creeper on a concrete slab will be your best friends.

Propane consumption in cold weatrher fell about 40% and the ACs worked better in the summer. If you plan on keeping your coach a while, the payoff is there.
    Last edited by huntindog; 05-16-2023 at 08:33 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a nice job and how the bottom of a rv should be insulated.
    I had a hose bust connecting to the inlet connection. It flooded the front pass-thru and everything under it. The pink panther insulation is a waste of time, because it will get wet sooner or later.

Can you tell me more about " no waiting 155 fresh " please?
    KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    That's a nice job and how the bottom of a rv should be insulated.
    I had a hose bust connecting to the inlet connection. It flooded the front pass-thru and everything under it. The pink panther insulation is a waste of time, because it will get wet sooner or later.

Can you tell me more about " no waiting 155 fresh " please?
    KEN
    That board is light as a feather. It comes in 4x8' sheets, and I had to put weights on them to keep them from blowing away in the slightest breeze. It will not absorb water either making it a perfect insulation for RV use,
    The no waiting is refering to the two bathtrooms. With just DW and myself, don't have to wait for a restroom because one is occupied,
    155 fresh, is the water capacity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12