Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herr’s Snack Factory tour near MD, PA, DE border

If you’re ever looking for a something interesting while driving on I-95 between Baltimore and Philadelphia, stop by the Herr’s factory in Pennsylvania for a factory tour. Herr’s is a snack maker (like Lay’s or Utz) that is popular in the mid-Atlantic. When I was a kid, my class went on a field trip there, and I found it really interesting. I just took my own kid to see it, and I have to say it was just as interesting as an adult.

I grew up thinking this was a fairly normal opportunity, but I’ve looked for similar things and they’re much rarer than I expected. You get to see the actual production lines for several snacks; not just a simulation or a movie like some other tours (Hershey, I’m looking at you).

If you’re interested, you can make reservations in advance, but I think they also take walk-ins off they have space. The tour takes about an hour and for a family of three the total cost was $20.

I know a lot of car (and RV) manufacturers do similar things, but I haven’t found many factory tours for other everyday items. If you have any recommendations, please pass them along.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not many do factory tours these days, I remember going to the Kellogs factory as a kid then taking my son there too. Not long after, sometime in the mid 80's they stopped the tours.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/