User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello fellow campers from Welland, Ontario

Hi everyone! As you might have guessed I'm fairly new to this forum. I own a Reflection 31MB and am hoping to find out more about the pre installed camera that came with the unit. The dealer was not much help and was quite shocked when he noticed the camera installed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group from WVa. I got the camera on mine still can’t get it working
    NAVY 1980-1984
    2022 Reflection 337 RLS
    2023 GMC SierraDenali 2500 HD
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome from Ottawa, Ont. Usually they come pre-wired for a Furrion camera but no camera. Did you get a screen also? Looks like things have changed a little. You could reach out to GD if no one on here comes back with the info.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Reflection came with a Lippert camera installed which connects to a smart phone through WiFi. The instructions to connect it should be in the documents package that came with the trailer. The picture was pretty much useless on the phone as it was so small and the quality was poor. I ordered the Lippert monitor for it and just testing it in the yard it is a much better quality and larger picture so i am pretty sure it will work well.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 31MBer View Post
    Hi everyone! As you might have guessed I'm fairly new to this forum. I own a Reflection 31MB and am hoping to find out more about the pre installed camera that came with the unit. The dealer was not much help and was quite shocked when he noticed the camera installed!
    Welcome to the forum @31MBer, hope you're enjoying the Reflection. Can you tell us a bit more about which camera you have? Pictures would help. There's been a lot of discussion on the forum lately about cameras. Depending on which one you have you will have different options. The camera that came with my Reflection was a Lippert Insight which I found to be pretty useless and subsequently replaced. A good camera can be a real asset both in backing in and being able to see what's behind you on the highway.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The camera that came pre-installed is a Lippert Insight. It did not come with a display. I will try to connect to it through compass connect, but need to connect the trailer first. Apparently the camera receives its power from the running lights. Will post the results soon. SoundSailor, were you displaying your camera views through compass connect?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 31MBer View Post
    The camera that came pre-installed is a Lippert Insight. It did not come with a display. I will try to connect to it through compass connect, but need to connect the trailer first. Apparently the camera receives its power from the running lights. Will post the results soon. SoundSailor, were you displaying your camera views through compass connect?
    Yes, I used the app. I could get the camera to connect when I was in the coach or right beside it, but it was unstable inside the TV. And the picture was very poor. I ended up replacing it with a camera (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078PDH6Z8) I purchased on Amazon.

The AMTIFO works great and costs less than what Lippert wanted for the display for the Insight camera. Installation was fairly straightforward, just be sure to pay attention to the electrical connections. On my coach, the camera was connected via two Wago connectors. I made the mistake of disconnecting them, and there was so little slack that I was unable to reconnect them. I would recommend cutting the leads off of the Insight camera (there's enough to leave some with the camera) and splicing the new camera in that way. It would have saved me a couple of hours of heartburn if I'd known that ahead of time. At any rate, the AMTIFO works very well both as a rearview mirror when traveling and for backing into your site. It comes with a seven-inch monitor which I have mounted on the TV's rearview mirror. The image is sharp and clear.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg same thing happened to us today when purchasing. Husband noticed the camera and dealer was shocked lol. Will follow this thread.