Good day! I have a 2022 reflection 31mb. I am in the process of upgrading my current 60 amp converter charger to a progressive lithium capable model, same amperage. I am installing 2x100aH BB batteries to accompany, with future plans to include more bats and an inverter.

I plan to potentially install the new converter up front next to the batteries. I want to minimize converter to battery dc voltage drop, and leave the old converter in place under the steps, although unplugged from the back of the panel (but still wired in to the DC out) I have found many threads on this topic and understand the basics, but nothing to the specifics: hoping some folks could weigh in on this plan with any advice.

Any of you fine Americans taken this plunge with a 31mb or similar model? I was planning on just connecting the converter directly to the batts vs the bus bar, but looking for advice on that topic. Also, the wiring path is difficult to follow, and I am wondering how this will interact with the current wiring to/from the battery bus and the battery cutoff.

All in all, just looking for any help and advice from the community.

Cheers,
Andy