Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Kantleak problem

Second time out with our 337 and the Kantleak is not working. When I switched to city water the tank continued to fill to over flowing. ( I didn't have pressure to the valve) We are continuing our week long trip but need to use from the tank with the pump. From different postings this seams to be more than an occasional problem. Plus the fact that Grand Design is now using a new valve system tells me they realize that there are problems. I'm in need of a new cartridge to replace the leaker. I'll be calling GD to request a replacement. We as individuals do not have much muscle when talking to Kantleak, which i did, but I would hope GD could put a recall out for a permanent fix rather than a replacement cartridge that is made the same as the ones that failed. Maybe replacing the Kantleak with the valve system they are using now?? Kant leak was "kind enough" to give me the name of a distributor where I could buy a new cartridge. I was hoping they would step up and send a new one.
    Other than the valve we love the Reflection. No other issues.
    Thanks all for listening.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've replaced 4. BUT, I will admit that I'd offer changed valve position with pressure in the system. After seeing how the selector is made, I can see why changing under pressure could contribute to this. This last one is 3 months old and seems to be doing fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to what the manufacturer told someone on this forum, that is an acceptable practice - but GD recommends against it. I'd side with GD on that.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi lee8751,

Many (most ?) of us are just waiting for this to happen . . . if it has not already happened.
    Could you share the name of the distributor that Kantleak recommended as the source for a new cartridge ?

Thanks
    Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson may be less likely to comply with GD customers' wishes now that GD has scrapped their products. I'm sorry for your problems.

I think it may be a $40 something valve.

I'm fortunate to use city water all the time, and we don't move our valves around often. I'm hoping to minimize any issues with the Kantleak setup that seems to be working okay for now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rob, I got a replacement cartridge directly from Andersen Brass, the manufacturer of Kantleak, for no charge. It came with a full set of installation instructions including color pictures. Very nice people to deal with. I was very surprised when they told me "no charge", especially when I told them I was getting it to carry as a spare in the event I had a problem while we were on this extended trip.

I realize they shouldn't be failing but regardless, that's customer service!
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi lee8751,

Many (most ?) of us are just waiting for this to happen . . . if it has not already happened.
    Could you share the name of the distributor that Kantleak recommended as the source for a new cartridge ?

Thanks
    Rob

Rob,

The distributor that Anderson sent me to was:
    Champion Energy
    600 E Centre Park Blvd
    DeSoto Tx 75115
    972-228-4341

Cost was quoted $23.50 plus shipping

When I called Kantleak they told me that you didn't need to turn pressure off. If it is blowing O rings with out pressure I sure am not going to try it with pressure.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee8751 View Post
    Rob,

The distributor that Anderson sent me to was:
    Champion Energy
    600 E Centre Park Blvd
    DeSoto Tx 75115
    972-228-4341

Cost was quoted $23.50 plus shipping
    From their website . . . http://www.championbrass.com
    "Champion Energy is the “Independent Factory Warehouse” for Anderson Copper & Brass Co. in Chicago…a.k.a. Anderson Fittings."

Same address and phone number . . . so these are the guys to talk to for Kankleak replacement cartridges.
    Thanks lee8751

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting to see what 2016 user expieriences are with the Nautilus system that G.D. has apparently gone to instead of the KantLeak. If after a period of time, reports are good, I'll change out the KantLeak to the Nautilus.

notnsuv
    Only 3 weeks of use varying from Dry Camping to City Water including filling fresh water from jugs but Nautilus has been flawless so far. I've been careful to not change valve positions while the pump is on or with pressure from city supply.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast