User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2670MK Questions

We recently traded in our Transcend 26RLS for an Imagine 2670MK and I've got a few questions for those who already own one.

We often camp where there is little or no TV reception so we sometimes will watch a movie on DVD. I can't seem to find a place to install the DVD player. There is a small "cubby" under the counter top over the fire place, but it has a lot going on inside it. It has the switch to raise and lower the TV, plus the antenna connections and AC power plug for the TV, so there isn't much room left inside it even though the DVD is quite small.

We also own a Bose sound bar that I would like to install on the motorized TV mount, just below the TV set, since there is plenty of room. That's when I noticed that the motorized TV mount is installed a bit "off". The mount isn't installed in the center of the space. Not only that but the TV is not centered on the TV mount, its off to one side. The TV is not even centered in the opening in the counter top cut out either. It's like whoever installed the TV and mount didn't own a ruler and/or did not be believe in symmetry. So is there a reason why it was installed this way? Sound I reinstall it all, centering everything? I thought that it would be easy to install the Bose sound bar under the TV if I removed the TV from the motorized mount, but GD used a strange bolt to mount the TV and I can't seem to figure out what it is. Its definitely not a torques head, its not an Allen key (metrics or standard), its like nothing I've ever seen. Does anyone know what type of bolt head it is?

Did any of you ever put a slide topper on the kitchen (passenger) slide out? If so, what did you use? I can't seem to find one that fits.

I took down the plastic shroud around the bedroom vent cover and I noticed what appeared to be two air ducts, one on either side. What are they for? The units was prepped for a second AC unit. Is the second AC unit supposed to tie into the those two ducts somehow? I'm curious.

Thanks

Bob
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 03-18-2023 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First - Welcome to the forum! What year is your trailer?

I find it odd that you can't play DVD's - mine came with a multipurpose radio/dvd/cd/bluetooth system installed - just above the fireplace, to the left of the nook with the antenna amplifier, etc.
    Do a search here for sound bar mountings - many have done so over the years. Sometimes one has to make a custom bracket to attach it to the televator. Others have found models that just fit above or below the tv itself. Depending on your system, you may be content enough to run sound wires to the entertainment system, if it doesn't already play through the ceiling speakers. (Many have upgraded those, also!).

No reason for it being off center - mine isn't. Just poor workmanship on the install.
    I was just looking at the bolts yesterday. An old post noted that a square drive bit will fit the eight sided "star" pattern. Have not tried yet, but the post indicated success except where the gorilla that assembled stripped one head out. They just need to be loosened to allow the TV to lift off.

Can't comment on the topper.

The bedroom vent area is pre-prepped for an optional factory installed AC, hence the unused ducts. There's 120v wiring in the area, also.

We replaced our vent with a 12v fan, rather than an AC. Did have to pay too much extra, as there is no convenient 12v in that area.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    First - Welcome to the forum! What year is your trailer?

I find it odd that you can't play DVD's - mine came with a multipurpose radio/dvd/cd/bluetooth system installed - just above the fireplace, to the left of the nook with the antenna amplifier, etc.
    Do a search here for sound bar mountings - many have done so over the years. Sometimes one has to make a custom bracket to attach it to the televator. Others have found models that just fit above or below the tv itself. Depending on your system, you may be content enough to run sound wires to the entertainment system, if it doesn't already play through the ceiling speakers. (Many have upgraded those, also!).

No reason for it being off center - mine isn't. Just poor workmanship on the install.
    I was just looking at the bolts yesterday. An old post noted that a square drive bit will fit the eight sided "star" pattern. Have not tried yet, but the post indicated success except where the gorilla that assembled stripped one head out. They just need to be loosened to allow the TV to lift off.

Can't comment on the topper.

The bedroom vent area is pre-prepped for an optional factory installed AC, hence the unused ducts. There's 120v wiring in the area, also.

We replaced our vent with a 12v fan, rather than an AC. Did have to pay too much extra, as there is no convenient 12v in that area.
    The new Grand Design trailers come with the Furrion system. There is no more DVDs

Beer brewer has been in the forum for a long time btw
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    We recently traded in our Transcend 26RLS for an Imagine 2670MK and I've got a few questions for those who already own one.

We often camp where there is little or no TV reception so we sometimes will watch a movie on DVD. I can't seem to find a place to install the DVD player. There is a small "cubby" under the counter top over the fire place, but it has a lot going on inside it. It has the switch to raise and lower the TV, plus the antenna connections and AC power plug for the TV, so there isn't much room left inside it even though the DVD is quite small.

We also own a Bose sound bar that I would like to install on the motorized TV mount, just below the TV set, since there is plenty of room. That's when I noticed that the motorized TV mount is installed a bit "off". The mount isn't installed in the center of the space. Not only that but the TV is not centered on the TV mount, its off to one side. The TV is not even centered in the opening in the counter top cut out either. It's like whoever installed the TV and mount didn't own a ruler and/or did not be believe in symmetry. So is there a reason why it was installed this way? Sound I reinstall it all, centering everything? I thought that it would be easy to install the Bose sound bar under the TV if I removed the TV from the motorized mount, but GD used a strange bolt to mount the TV and I can't seem to figure out what it is. Its definitely not a torques head, its not an Allen key (metrics or standard), its like nothing I've ever seen. Does anyone know what type of bolt head it is?

Did any of you ever put a slide topper on the kitchen (passenger) slide out? If so, what did you use? I can't seem to find one that fits.

I took down the plastic shroud around the bedroom vent cover and I noticed what appeared to be two air ducts, one on either side. What are they for? The units was prepped for a second AC unit. Is the second AC unit supposed to tie into the those two ducts somehow? I'm curious.

Thanks

Bob
    Bob

I have a new 2670MK as well. I attached an LG soundboard under the TV to the motorized mount. I used a square drive bit to loosen the screws and then could easily lift the TV out. Also adjusted the bracket behind the TV so it would be centered. I also added a small blu-ray DVD player inside the small cubby without an issue. I did rearrange the outlet to horizontal and a tad higher than before so I could plug in the sound bar and the DVD player.

If you are interested I can take some photos send them in another reply.

Jim