Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    Thanks Steven....great video. Appreciate all the detail. I've been doing some reading on this topic and searching for parts on GD's parts catalog. Turns out the 'threshold block' is referred to as a 'wear bar'. As I mentioned above, my wear bar is about 1" too short on the entry door side. Your video shows a good view of it and I wish mine was as long as yours. As a result of mine being 1" short, not all of my ski on that side is fully riding on the wear bar.

Glad to see you're back in business!
    Thanks, yup back in business! We ran the slide in and out - with the weight of the slide on the "wear bar" it really flattened out the butyl tape and the bottom of the ski. I got to thinking and wonder if it would help to somehow lubricate the ski with something to make it slide over the wear bar easier. Bar Soap?
    Last edited by Steven@147; 03-31-2023 at 05:45 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Thanks, yup back in business! We ran the slide in and out - with the weight of the slide on the "wear bar" it really flattened out the butyl tape and the bottom of the ski. I got to thinking and wonder if it would help to somehow lubricate the ski with something to make it slide over the wear bar easier. Bar Soap?
    Best thing for the skis is to wipe them clean every time before retracting.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

2018 Reflection 327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Steven@147
    I’ve changed three on my 2018 Reflection and also hd to change the metal strip holding the ski. The screws rusted off and I had trouble removing them so I got a new metal strip and changed the hole locations then used stainless steel screws. There is an aftermarket plastic manufacturer is the eastern US that sells the replacement ski. It has to be trimmed to fit but work well. I think that some of the ski issues are caused during the manufacturing of the trailer. The skis must be fit up against the corner on the slide or they will crack at the bottom over time. It’s not that easy to see the cracks unless close examination. Once done, it’s one less area water can penetrate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12