User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Daleahoke;495916]Right. It's just that I read that when you de-winterize in the spring you should also santize. I guess if you are only winterized for a few months, it probably doesn't need sanitizing.[/QUOTE

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet! I don’t know the reason someone would say that, possibly to get rid of the antifreeze smell but flushing the fixtures good with plain water will work just as well and you won’t have the bleach smell/taste.
    Last edited by Bungy; 08-26-2023 at 09:13 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the simple fix is to not sanitize and simply drink bottled water. drinking from an Rv water tank is always a crap shoot in my book.
    GMC 2500 HD Gas
    GD Imagine XLS22 MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would also like to leave lower Michigan in freezing temps to enjoy warmer climates. But, my question for this thread is: What facility will allow me to flush the RV pipes? We use a propylene glycol/water type of antifreeze but I can assume not just any state park or other campground (like KOA) will let us flush this stuff down their drains, but maybe so.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It shouldn't be an issue as long as you're using RV antifreeze, and not ethylene glycol for vehicles.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcrain View Post
    We would also like to leave lower Michigan in freezing temps to enjoy warmer climates. But, my question for this thread is: What facility will allow me to flush the RV pipes? We use a propylene glycol/water type of antifreeze but I can assume not just any state park or other campground (like KOA) will let us flush this stuff down their drains, but maybe so.
    How would they know? Hook up the hose and dump as usual.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments. With all the RV'ers that travel from north to south in winter and early spring, flushing pipes has been going on somehow all the while anyway.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I make the Florida trip every year and dewinterize in Southern Georgia at a KOA with no problems. RV antifreeze is nontoxic and a typical system contains no more than 2 gallons. Never been a problem. I always carry enough to rewinterize on the way back north if weather dictates.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate that comment. In fact, we have southern Georgia or South Carolina as a destination by mid to late March. And you're right about being nontoxic and a small volume anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12