User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    One last post I promise
    Why are you not answering my questions though?

I can understand why not because there isn’t one and there is no reasoning behind it
    That again is why I wouldn’t follow it.

Gvwr(payload and curb) and axle ratings are what is important
    Because it can't be answer with just very very very small part of the information collected in J2807 testing between the two. What did the J2807 and GM engineers use to set the those specs and why were they set I/A/W the many test they did during the J2807 test that caused the different ratings. Which one of the test in J2807 testing caused them to set different ratings?
    Last edited by CWSWine; 03-21-2023 at 08:02 PM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I towed our 22MLE with a 2014 Silverado without the optional towing package. It worked perfect with an Anderson hitch. Proper adjustment on the hitch would allow the pickup to ride level with no adverse problems. The 5.3 did just fine with milage ranging from 12 to 8 depending on the wind. The 5.3 had plenty of power, and reportedly did 2 to 3 better milage than the 6.2, and the price of fuel is $1.50 less per gal. with the 5.3 over the 6.2 I drive 50/50% mountain and flat land. I have recently purchased a 2022 Silverado equiped the same as my 2014 and am ready to try it out this spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I owned a Chevy 1500 with 5.3L engine pulling a 2600RB. When loaded for a long trip we were about 8000lbs trailer. When hooking up it went down and down like headed for China. I also found the engine to be insufficient because we live in the intermountain west. So I wanted to upgrade to a max trailer package on a 2019 GMC Sierra with a 6.2L engine. No one within 150 miles had one in stock, so I called GM headquarters and asked them to check the whole nation. We both flew to Oregon to get it. I then added Roadmaster Active Suspension for about $600 and Equalizer E4 WDH for another $1000. I now had the perfect tow vehicle. It sits lower than a 2500, which my wife needs for her short legs, costs considerably less than a 2500, especially one with a diesel, gas engine is one I can maintain if necessary, gas is cheaper than diesel, and the max package includes both trans cooler and steering cooler, bigger wheels of 20" instead of 17", big disc brakes all around instead of drums on the rear, great wide mirrors, and more. Getting the 6.2 engine gave me lots of power and to spare, plus a heavy-duty drive-train. Now have a 2500 for a lot less money and a softer ride. We have been all over the country in excess of 35,000 miles pulling the trailer, and never once did I wish I had more vehicle. Get 21 mpg w/o trailer and 9 mpg with trailer, on average. We travel heavily with a full water tank, a big heavy bed in the front, 2 large golf cart batteries (we boondock 3 nights without needing to recharge them, and that includes running computers, lights, TV via an inverter, and CPAP machine). In the truck bed is a toolbox, 2 honda 45# generators, ladder, and more. I hope that helps. If the price of gas comes down some more, we plan on going from Utah to Maine on a 3 or 4-month trip this summer. We will go eastward on I90 and return on I94 but spend most of our time off the interstates seeing everything within 300 miles on both sides of the freeway. I love being retired!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine Traveling View Post
    I owned a Chevy 1500 with 5.3L engine pulling a 2600RB. When loaded for a long trip we were about 8000lbs trailer. When hooking up it went down and down like headed for China. I also found the engine to be insufficient because we live in the intermountain west. So I wanted to upgrade to a max trailer package on a 2019 GMC Sierra with a 6.2L engine. No one within 150 miles had one in stock, so I called GM headquarters and asked them to check the whole nation. We both flew to Oregon to get it. I then added Roadmaster Active Suspension for about $600 and Equalizer E4 WDH for another $1000. I now had the perfect tow vehicle. It sits lower than a 2500, which my wife needs for her short legs, costs considerably less than a 2500, especially one with a diesel, gas engine is one I can maintain if necessary, gas is cheaper than diesel, and the max package includes both trans cooler and steering cooler, bigger wheels of 20" instead of 17", big disc brakes all around instead of drums on the rear, great wide mirrors, and more. Getting the 6.2 engine gave me lots of power and to spare, plus a heavy-duty drive-train. Now have a 2500 for a lot less money and a softer ride. We have been all over the country in excess of 35,000 miles pulling the trailer, and never once did I wish I had more vehicle. Get 21 mpg w/o trailer and 9 mpg with trailer, on average. We travel heavily with a full water tank, a big heavy bed in the front, 2 large golf cart batteries (we boondock 3 nights without needing to recharge them, and that includes running computers, lights, TV via an inverter, and CPAP machine). In the truck bed is a toolbox, 2 honda 45# generators, ladder, and more. I hope that helps. If the price of gas comes down some more, we plan on going from Utah to Maine on a 3 or 4-month trip this summer. We will go eastward on I90 and return on I94 but spend most of our time off the interstates seeing everything within 300 miles on both sides of the freeway. I love being retired!
    Thank you for your experience. I also have the 2019 Sierra Denali with the 6.2 and full tow package. Often read these posts regarding TV to gain insight. Have not done any mountain travel with our 2500RL but have had no difficulty towing in the midwest. Most information I have gotten from GM is that I will be fine towing my set up. On your trip east, beware of I90. Big construction on 90 north of Chicago to the suburbs. Consider 355 to 80 to 80/90. Getting around Chicago towing is a white knuckle nightmare.

Best wishes and happy camping to all.

mjg
    MJGUTH
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2019 GMC Denali 1500 6.2L
    Curt TruTrack 15K WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine Traveling View Post
    No one within 150 miles had one in stock, so I called GM headquarters and asked them to check the whole nation.
    Thanks for sharing your experience with your truck, and I might try this approach of a nationwide search. And I second @mjguth recommendation. If you are traveling 90 or 94 through Wisconsin to points SE, 355 to 80 is the best way to circumnavigate Chicago.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New to the site, and am looking to buy a Momentum 28G. As for this thread….I’ll tell you what my 2023 Silverado 1500 RST is rated for…..3.0L Duramax with NHT Max Tow…..take what you’d like from it to add to the confusion on weight ratings

GVWR 7300
    GCVWR 19,000
    Max Conventional Towing 13,000
    Max Conv Hitch Weight 1300

As an FYI, and to answer other questions made
    In the thread, with the diesel and max tow, axle ratio is 3.73, it does include a 9.76”rear instead of 9.5”, increased cooling, as well as a larger output alternator.

Sorry, can’t help you all with problems on your individual RV’s, but am here to learn and research. If I can help anywhere, I’ll do my best. Thanks.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynamicSoCo View Post
    New to the site, and am looking to buy a Momentum 28G. As for this thread….I’ll tell you what my 2023 Silverado 1500 RST is rated for…..3.0L Duramax with NHT Max Tow…..take what you’d like from it to add to the confusion on weight ratings

GVWR 7300
    GCVWR 19,000
    Max Conventional Towing 13,000
    Max Conv Hitch Weight 1300

As an FYI, and to answer other questions made
    In the thread, with the diesel and max tow, axle ratio is 3.73, it does include a 9.76”rear instead of 9.5”, increased cooling, as well as a larger output alternator.

Sorry, can’t help you all with problems on your individual RV’s, but am here to learn and research. If I can help anywhere, I’ll do my best. Thanks.
    Umm what??

There is no way your 1/2 ton can safely tow a 28g

You can’t be serious
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Umm what??

There is no way your 1/2 ton can safely tow a 28g

You can’t be serious
    Not everyone tows at max GVW, nor does everyone need a MDT to tow an aluminum rowboat. Thanks for your concern, though.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GM Half-ton Max Tow Package - Worth the upgrade?

Not everyone tows at max GVW, nor does everyone need a MDT to tow an aluminum rowboat. Thanks for your concern, though.

Max tongue weight 1300lbs
    A 28G has over 1500 sitting on the lot empty
    What does your payload sticker on your door jamb say?
    And the axle rating?
    Last edited by NB Canada; 04-03-2023 at 01:55 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i cannot remember anyone that weighed their lashup coming in at what they expected.they invariably weigh more. often a lot more.
    rvs are a lot like people. they both tend to gain weight over time.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast