User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynamicSoCo View Post
    New to the site, and am looking to buy a Momentum 28G. As for this thread….I’ll tell you what my 2023 Silverado 1500 RST is rated for…..3.0L Duramax with NHT Max Tow…..take what you’d like from it to add to the confusion on weight ratings

GVWR 7300
    GCVWR 19,000
    Max Conventional Towing 13,000
    Max Conv Hitch Weight 1300

As an FYI, and to answer other questions made
    In the thread, with the diesel and max tow, axle ratio is 3.73, it does include a 9.76”rear instead of 9.5”, increased cooling, as well as a larger output alternator.

Sorry, can’t help you all with problems on your individual RV’s, but am here to learn and research. If I can help anywhere, I’ll do my best. Thanks.
    That sounds like a nice truck and I might have gone that way (3.0L Duramax w/ NHT max tow), except that GM will no longer accept orders for 2023's with that combination. They also won't take orders for the paint color I wanted, and I'm not keen on the other choices, so given those limitations, I'm sticking with my 2017 for now and waiting to see what happens for 2024.

I started this thread on the max tow option because my current 2017 1500 Silverado has payload of only 1602 lbs. With my 22MLE having tongue weight of only 680 lbs. (actual scaled weight when fully loaded), I still have to watch my other loading like a hawk to stay within payload. Also, the ride can sometimes be unsettled over rough roads. It's adequate, but I'm just looking for a little more if I'm going to crack open the piggy bank on a new truck. Anyway, I'd be interested to know how you like yours once you get a few miles towing. Enjoy!
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvestmoon View Post
    That sounds like a nice truck and I might have gone that way (3.0L Duramax w/ NHT max tow), except that GM will no longer accept orders for 2023's with that combination. They also won't take orders for the paint color I wanted, and I'm not keen on the other choices, so given those limitations, I'm sticking with my 2017 for now and waiting to see what happens for 2024.

I started this thread on the max tow option because my current 2017 1500 Silverado has payload of only 1602 lbs. With my 22MLE having tongue weight of only 680 lbs. (actual scaled weight when fully loaded), I still have to watch my other loading like a hawk to stay within payload. Also, the ride can sometimes be unsettled over rough roads. It's adequate, but I'm just looking for a little more if I'm going to crack open the piggy bank on a new truck. Anyway, I'd be interested to know how you like yours once you get a few miles towing. Enjoy!
    I also don’t understand why GM has NHT with LZ0 on constraint either. I lucked out and found one on my local dealer lot that was a customer order, but was never purchased with a build date in November 2022. I also lucked out that it had all of the electronic modules (except wireless charging) installed, unlike many others that don’t have their heated seats, heated steering wheel, or rear parking modules missing. Some of those buyers have waited over a year and are just recently being told that the parts are slowly becoming available. I originally was going to get a 2500 or 3500, but I drive so many miles for work, that the considerably lower daily driving mileage would not have made sense. My prior truck was a 2018 Colorado and it struggled with 5k behind it, and that V6 gas engine struggled to turn out 23 mpg Highway unloaded, so I needed to upgrade to a heavier vehicle with better fuel economy. Best mpg unloaded I have gotten is 38mpg so far. Keep your eyes open. There are still some LZ0/NHT trucks out there for sale, though you may have to travel a bit to find one, and you won’t have much choice in colors/options.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567