User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Auto level sets unit level but very high - tires off the ground!

Has anyone run into this issue? Not all the time but probably at least half the time, the Auto Level feature sets my RV level but lifts some or all of the tires off the ground to achieve that. As I watch it process, it seems like it can't ever lower any of the jacks to achieve level, only continue raising them in an alternating fashion to get to level. So again the unit is level but somewhat shaky when you walk around in it when the tires are off the ground. I have not tried to recalibrate them as the system obviously recognizes what "level" is, just doesn't seem to be able to do anything but go up in terms of adjustments! Has anyone possibly tried manually getting their RV to the lowest possible level height, than recalibrating the leveling system? I'm unclear as to whether the leveling system considers the overall height of the unit in it's "determination" of needed adjustments. The unit is a Solitude 344 GK with Lippert hydraulic jacks. Would appreciate any insight anyone can offer.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it lift both sides off the ground or just one? I've heard (could be mistaken) that if it's one side you may want to use a board under the tires on that side.
    Kind of like old school side to side leveling.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually just one, and regardless of the situation under it, it is almost always the right side - but occasionally has lifted all four tires off the ground.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman View Post
    Has anyone run into this issue? Not all the time but probably at least half the time, the Auto Level feature sets my RV level but lifts some or all of the tires off the ground to achieve that. As I watch it process, it seems like it can't ever lower any of the jacks to achieve level, only continue raising them in an alternating fashion to get to level. So again the unit is level but somewhat shaky when you walk around in it when the tires are off the ground. I have not tried to recalibrate them as the system obviously recognizes what "level" is, just doesn't seem to be able to do anything but go up in terms of adjustments! Has anyone possibly tried manually getting their RV to the lowest possible level height, than recalibrating the leveling system? I'm unclear as to whether the leveling system considers the overall height of the unit in it's "determination" of needed adjustments. The unit is a Solitude 344 GK with Lippert hydraulic jacks. Would appreciate any insight anyone can offer.
    mine had the plastic screw holes in the rear sensor stripped.
    it was justfloating around in the underbelly.

check this BEFORE doing a zero reset.
    secured mine on it's bracket with long pop rivets. it has been flawless ever since
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman View Post
    I now use a different procedure the last 3 outings. Much better results. If the location appears level, I let the system do it. If the location is not level, obviously tilting side to side or front to back, I manually level the rig to prevent the wheels from coming off the ground. If I remember correctly, the road side goes up first so if that's your high side, the curb/door side will lift off the ground. So instead, I manually raise the low side of the rig first, then the high side mostly stabilizes the unit. No more wheels off the ground.

It seems to be firmer, less bouncy, when I manually level.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK thanks. I'll have to check that.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done that (leveled it manually) but kind of defeats the point of having the auto level system.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had that problem once (wheels up). Ended up with blocks under the tires on one side, to get some what close to level.

The digital readout on the leveling systems tells me how much I am off left to right. I made a decal and stuck it by the leveling controls to help my memory (see attached). The only concern is left to right, unless the front to back has a dramatic slope (in which case I reposition the trailer). With one side or the other blocked up to a rough level first, it seems to be happier. Then I lower the front to an obvious front low position and Auto Level. So far it works every time and my wheels stay down.

Rob
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	310GK (1) copy.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	45157
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They work better when nearly level, lol. I usually use boards on one side to get the bubble within one tick of level, but sometimes a tire or 2 will end up off the ground anyway.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been to several CGs where the site pads are crowned in the middle on all sides unevenly, thus in some cases causing atleast 2 tires just barely touching the ground. When staying at CGs with gravel sites, we always try to find the "sweet" spot (flatest most level area) prior to setting up camp and leveling.

Truely I get the rain run off issue CGs contend with, but, why ALL sides? Probably just the cost of proper landscaping. BTW, most of these CGs that had this issue were not flat layouts meaning that there was a decent slope to the entire campground for good run off. Mostly just poor pad setup IMO - this was fairly evident when all the other campers where all leveled high on atleast one side.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast