User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post

I did some ferry googling. I do NOT need a passport if I do not disembark at a canadian port. I have not been able to find any RV specific rules on RVs, such as can I occupy it while on ship, etc.

So far it looks like a viable option. For the two of us a little over 20K round trip.
    It's only money and ya can't take it with ya.

No access to the vehicle deck for us on the Cape May Ferry taking the troop to National Jambo with a van and Class C - everyone had to exit vehicles and proceed topside. Life jackets and Lifeboat access was on the upper decks. Don't think I'd want to stay that close to the water line with massive doors that open
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    As of now, yes. Beef and pork aren’t restricted for personal use. Poultry is because of Avian Influenza.
    Thank you!
    Retired
    Azle Tx
    2022 Imagine 2670MK
    2022 Ford F-350 4x4 7.3 Godzilla

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I crossed 3 days ago and am now in Banff. I was asked about ;firearms, alcohol, mace, and other “ prohibited” items. Answered no and passed. Also why I was going into Canada.
    VERY easy process at least on that day, traveling with 3 other rv’s and all had similar experience with different agents on that day.
    Retired
    Azle Tx
    2022 Imagine 2670MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also bear spray is an exempt item, I did not say I had bear spray, but the others said they told them about their bear spray and was told “no problem” and the agent didn’t ask to see it.
    Retired
    Azle Tx
    2022 Imagine 2670MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Live in central BC DEF is available all over the place.
    2016 3500 Duramax/ Full delete
    2019 GD Solitude 310GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sborders View Post
    All firearms GoodScout? It is my understanding that only handguns are not allowed. Rifles and shotguns may be declared and brought in for hunting purposes.
    Not all firearms. You can bring many in with restrictions. Here's a good link with details: https://www.ezbordercrossing.com/the...m-into-canada/
    Darren & Lynne
    Innkeepers, Phineas Swann Inn & Spa, Montgomery, Vermont
    2023 Imagine 2670MK
    2024 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firearms are similar, but not the same as Canadians going to USA. You just need to have a reason and DON'T say personal protection. Hunting, competitions...cool....personal protection, even if it is just a club, is frowned upon. By the gov't at least. Even if you have it for personal protection....don't say it.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we made our border crossing into Canada on interstate 95. They never asked about previous arrest record. Even though I downloaded and filled out the Canadian Firearms Declaration form for the 12-gauge pump shotgun I was carrying and checked the box on the form indicating that the firearm was for protection from wild animals, (checkbox was on their form) they said that Cape Breton National Park (which was our ultimate destination in Nova Scotia) did not allow firearms. They turned us around and we had to cross back into US, whereupon US border agents took the shotgun from the camper and ran it through their system to make sure it was not stolen. They were kind enough to tell me that the small border town of Houlton's police department would hold it for a small fee until we returned to the US. (Which they did) This cost us about one hour of drive time. Luckily our reservation was just across the border in New Brunswick. Ultimately, we made it to Cape Breton and stayed a week while exploring the Cabot Trail. The trip was well worth it as the views were beyond description, although most of the roadway on the Cabot Trail was horrible. We ended up with a bent rear axle which caused us to go through many tires by the time we returned home. The fact that firearms were prohibited was not true as we saw several signs along the Cabot Trail stating, "ensure all firearms are locked away and inaccessible". Upon our return to the US, we made a reservation at the KOA in Houlton and the police department did not charge me for holding on to the gun. Trip was well worth it and if you go, be sure to visit "Meat Cove". Happy trails.
    P.S. Went from Florida to Georgia to Tennessee to West Virgnia to New York State to Vermont to Maine to New Brunswick to Nova Scotia to New Hampshire and back to Florida, and never needed the shotgun. Being from very high crime area, I believed it was essential to have this protection. Not true.
    Steve & Sally Borders
    2019 2600RB Grand Design Imagine
    Pulled by 2023 2500 Chevrolet Z71 Turbo Diesel
    <”)))><

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we made our border crossing into Canada on interstate 95. They never asked about previous arrest record. Even though I downloaded and filled out the Canadian Firearms Declaration form for the 12-gauge pump shotgun I was carrying and checked the box on the form indicating that the firearm was for protection from wild animals, (checkbox was on their form) they said that Cape Breton National Park (which was our ultimate destination in Nova Scotia) did not allow firearms. They turned us around and we had to cross back into US, whereupon US border agents took the shotgun from the camper and ran it through their system to make sure it was not stolen. They were kind enough to tell me that the small border town of Houlton's police department would hold it for a small fee until we returned to the US. (Which they did) This cost us about one hour of drive time. Luckily our reservation was just across the border in New Brunswick. Ultimately, we made it to Cape Breton and stayed a week while exploring the Cabot Trail. The trip was well worth it as the views were beyond description, although most of the roadway on the Cabot Trail was horrible. We ended up with a bent rear axle which caused us to go through many tires by the time we returned home. The fact that firearms were prohibited was not true as we saw several signs along the Cabot Trail stating, "ensure all firearms are locked away and inaccessible". Upon our return to the US, we made a reservation at the KOA in Houlton and the police department did not charge me for holding on to the gun. Trip was well worth it and if you go, be sure to visit "Meat Cove". Happy trails.
    P.S. Went from Florida to Georgia to Tennessee to West Virgnia to New York State to Vermont to Maine to New Brunswick to Nova Scotia to New Hampshire and back to Florida, and never needed the shotgun. Being from very high crime area, I believed it was essential to have this protection. Not true.
    I find that every agent (Canadian and US) will interpret some laws differently. I'm not blaming any of them as some are written in a way where it's really not obvious. Half of Cape Breton Island is a national park, so absolutely no hunting. This does mean you can't have a rifle. I bet if you had said that you're visiting Nova Scotia in general, it would have been OK. Who knows. We suffered a bent axle this spring looping Lake Superior. Not pleasant. We're currently looping the Gaspesie peninsula and have already hit a few stretches of rough roads.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, I can't wait to go back to Nova Scotia, it's simply beautiful and peaceful.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast