User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighClouds View Post
    Don’t want to go down a rabbit hole, but…. my only choices on my control are Hitch Height, Retract All, and Auto Level. Got 2 other buttons that are Up Arrow and a Down Arrow (Believe those are only for landing gear.). Is there another panel somewhere for doing all the “manual” adjustments?
    My 310 is getting ancient by some standards-'18-I have a control panel opposite the entry door. I can adjust L or R with buttons (center & rear move together) or the landing legs. Don't know if I explained this correctly.
    Yours may have a fancy app for your phone to do this.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I'll "bump" a degree or two manually with the slides out. If I'm going to do the entire auto-level cycle, I pull the slides in. I just don't want any flexing to damage anything.

Rob
    Rob- my unit has dipped so that the front is now 1-2” lower than when i auto leveled. So do i extend the front jacks with the back jacks down or raise the back jacks slightly and then extend the front to relevel and then adjust the back? Just scared that I will damage the back jacks if I extend the front.
    Semi retired Chemical Engineer living and traveling full time with my retired wife.

2021 GD Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven6869 View Post
    Rob- my unit has dipped so that the front is now 1-2” lower than when i auto leveled. So do i extend the front jacks with the back jacks down or raise the back jacks slightly and then extend the front to relevel and then adjust the back? Just scared that I will damage the back jacks if I extend the front.
    The leveling system combined is rated for several times the weight of the entire trailer and all jacks work in concert controlled by the "brain" of the leveling system. You're not going to damage anything by raising the front - the system will adjust the middle tacks and everything will be fine. What concerns me, though, is why the front has dropped 1 - 2". Do you have a leak in the system somewhere or are the front landing gear on soft ground that has settled?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob - not sure why the front is low. I did calibrate the level at our last site so perhaps the auto level didn’t have it correct. I will extend the front jacks to relevel it as you suggested and when I get ready to attach to truck, with slides all in, when we leave I will do a recalibration before I connect to truck.
    Semi retired Chemical Engineer living and traveling full time with my retired wife.

2021 GD Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven6869 View Post
    Rob - not sure why the front is low. I did calibrate the level at our last site so perhaps the auto level didn’t have it correct. I will extend the front jacks to relevel it as you suggested and when I get ready to attach to truck, with slides all in, when we leave I will do a recalibration before I connect to truck.
    Interesting, mine dips a bit as well. No hydraulic leaks. Seems to happen when we are at a site for some time and the tanks forward of the wheels fill up - at least that's my theory. I'll also manually raise the front a little bit when I see the bubble is no longer at it's zero point setting. With snap pads on, I don't think I'm sinking in gravel very much either way. Confirmed it drops with bubble level, bathroom sink test, LCI display, and levelmate pro. Been happening since delivery.

Side note, LCI told me to press zero point a couple of times as the system sometimes does not 'remember' correctly setting only once.
    Last edited by ajg617; 11-19-2023 at 11:01 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, about the only way the front can drop is if the leg/s are bleeding off fluid. This is if they are not settling in the dust/rock/gravel, etc.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We run the Snap Pads on our landing gear too. But its more to protect the metal landing feet from corrosion when placed on wet surfaces or concrete for service.

However, even with the Snap Pads installed, we still place a (cheap Camco plastic) larger footing pad under each landing foot and Camco blocks under our rear stabilzers and rear leveling feet. This helps spread the weight of the gear out and keeps the stabilizers/feet from sinking in wet sand/mud/gravel/etc. We also never raise our RV completely off the tires - want as much ground surface contact as possible for high winds, less movement, and frame support while camping

We typically stay for 30 days at campsites at a time and have never had to re-level. We do however have the electric Ground Control 3.0 auto level system - so we dont have to worry about any hydraulic leak down or contamination issues.

BTW, agree with Rob on slides in when re-leveling. Had ripped our flooring with the heavy kitchen slide once when new due to not being leveled.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 11-20-2023 at 06:37 AM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12