Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Side cameras with turn signal

Hey guys! Just registered today, but have owned our 23 3210BH since October 22 and we love it. Came from a Forrest river grey wolf, and so glad its gone, what a POS it was. My wife and I are very very happy with our GD and the quality it has. I do have a question though:

The 3210BH is not prewired for the turn signal activation on the camera signal wires I know that. However, I have ran 2 new wires to the side cameras. Our side cameras are the LED versions which support the turn signal activation and has 4 wires.

Black Ground wire is to White GD ground
    Brown Marker light wire is to Green GD marker wire

2 Wires I added:
    Power wire that is ran from the battery to a switch. Then from a switch to the camera red wire
    Trigger (turn signal) wire is ran from L marker light to the 7 way block to L turn signal
    Trigger (turn signal) wire is ran from R marker light to the 7 way black to R turn signal

I did this setup so I can power the cameras on and use them as security/observation cameras when in the camper.

Here's what I know:
    Marker lights turn on with vehicle lights
    Cameras power on with 12v when switch is powered and I can see them on the screen, so ground is good as well
    Our cameras are the Vision S from 2021. They were originally the incandescant 3 wire markers, but I switched them out for the LED 4 wire markers

Now for the trigger (turn signal) function. It does not seem to work. I have been back and forth with furrion about this, and they gave up telling me they dont know why its not working. I have changed all the settings on the screen to off like they said and I am viewing all 3 cameras. When the L or R turn signal is activated, the screen is supposed to switch to the corresponding side camera and it is not. When I did a volt and light test with the blinker on, the camera is receiving the turn signal with a pulse of positive ad 12v. According to Furrion they have told me that nothing is needed, and the trigger wire gets connected directly to the L and R blinkers, but it is not working for me.

What am I missing? and has anyone figured this out? Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Taco1588; 03-21-2023 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco1588 View Post
    Hey guys! Just registered today, but have owned our 23 3210BH since October 22 and we love it. Came from a Forrest river grey wolf, and so glad its gone, what a POS it was. My wife and I are very very happy with our GD and the quality it has. I do have a question though:

The 3210BH is not prewired for the turn signal activation on the camera signal wires I know that. However, I have ran 2 new wires to the side cameras. Our side cameras are the LED versions which support the turn signal activation and has 4 wires.

Black Ground wire is to White GD ground
    Brown Marker light wire is to Green GD marker wire

2 Wires I added:
    Power wire that is ran from the battery to a switch. Then from a switch to the camera red wire
    Trigger (turn signal) wire is ran from L marker light to the 7 way block to L turn signal
    Trigger (turn signal) wire is ran from R marker light to the 7 way black to R turn signal

I did this setup so I can power the cameras on and use them as security/observation cameras when in the camper.

Here's what I know:
    Marker lights turn on with vehicle lights
    Cameras power on with 12v when switch is powered and I can see them on the screen, so ground is good as well
    Our cameras are the Vision S from 2021. They were originally the incandescant 3 wire markers, but I switched them out for the LED 4 wire markers

Now for the trigger (turn signal) function. It does not seem to work. I have been back and forth with furrion about this, and they gave up telling me they dont know why its not working. I have changed all the settings on the screen to off like they said and I am viewing all 3 cameras. When the L or R turn signal is activated, the screen is supposed to switch to the corresponding side camera and it is not. When I did a volt and light test with the blinker on, the camera is receiving the turn signal with a pulse of positive ad 12v. According to Furrion they have told me that nothing is needed, and the trigger wire gets connected directly to the L and R blinkers, but it is not working for me.

What am I missing? and has anyone figured this out? Any help would be appreciated.
    First off, welcome to the forum, glad to hear you're enjoying the new coach. There have been several threads recently on the side cameras, the search bar is your friend. Here's one: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post446463
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    First off, welcome to the forum, glad to hear you're enjoying the new coach. There have been several threads recently on the side cameras, the search bar is your friend. Here's one: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post446463
    Thank you! I did use the search bar, and nothing came up for what I am looking for. I looked at the link you sent and read the whole thing. It explained nothing about the camera activation when using my turn signals. To clarify again, my side cameras have power and they are displayed on the screen. I dont need help wiring power and ground, I need help understand why when my turn signal is activated the screen doesn't automatically switch to the corresponding side camera to see what's besides me. Thanks

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco1588 View Post
    Thank you! I did use the search bar, and nothing came up for what I am looking for. I looked at the link you sent and read the whole thing. It explained nothing about the camera activation when using my turn signals. To clarify again, my side cameras have power and they are displayed on the screen. I dont need help wiring power and ground, I need help understand why when my turn signal is activated the screen doesn't automatically switch to the corresponding side camera to see what's besides me. Thanks
    Yeah, sorry that may not have been the best post. I only have a rearview camera so I don't have the system you're describing, I'm pretty sure someone with the Haloview cameras had a similar issue to the one you're describing recently.

Does this link help: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post470485
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be following the thread to see who chimes in. I was unaware of a turn signal function as my furring side cameras are markers only.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExNihilo View Post
    I will be following the thread to see who chimes in. I was unaware of a turn signal function as my furring side cameras are markers only.
    Yea do you have the LED version?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Yeah, sorry that may not have been the best post. I only have a rearview camera so I don't have the system you're describing, I'm pretty sure someone with the Haloview cameras had a similar issue to the one you're describing recently.

Does this link help: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post470485
    Thanks! That one is closer to what I was looking for, but I’ve already done that, and it still doesn’t work. So I’m not sure what’s going on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I have the LED
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExNihilo View Post
    Yes I have the LED
    Then you should have 4 wires on the back of your side camera markers.

Black- Ground
    Yellow- Trigger
    Brown-Running light
    Red- Camera power

Your connections right now are probably brown and red wires together to the running lights, ground to ground, and your trigger (yellow) wire is untouched. You would have to run wiring to the L and R turn signals, but thats where im now stuck. Ive wired the L and R camera trigger wires to the correct L & R turn signals, but im not getting the screen to change to the camera when the turn signal is on. Furrion doesn't know whats wrong because its supposed to be that simple according to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have exactly the same problem. Trigger wires are hooked up and pulse 12V when turn signal is active. All cameras work, but it will not auto switch to left or right cam when signal isj active. Looks like its a Furrion problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast