User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I spent the last hour or so playing around with the refrigerator problem. First off, I'm very thankful I didn't light up my eyeballs.

Before working on the 120 VAC I went outside and turned the 50A breaker off, so that all power inside was off. Then I pulled the refrigerator breaker and checked it. Good. Pulled the outlet and checked it. First problem was that the faceplate was broken where a screw was. Second problem was that the outlet was not installed in a box - just a couple of ears on the screws to hold it to the very thin plywood. Electrically, it all checked out, so I plugged the small light back in and turned on the electricity. Light came on this time. Since the outlet was still sitting on the floor, with the back off, I didn't want to mess with it while it was powered. I flipped the refrigerator breaker off, and the light just blinked once and kept shining. Turned off every breaker in the box and the light kept on glowing. What the heck, I'll turn the (nonexistant) inverter off. Light went off.

Obviously there is an inverter installed, just like the build sheet says there is. It isn't on the ceiling of the pass-through, which is where the factory claims it always goes. So where might it be?

The wire for the refrigerator outlet goes toward the rear of the trailer. The breaker box is forward of the outlet. Why doesn't it go forward? Maybe the refrigerator is in the way, and they had to go towards the rear to join other wires that go underneath the trailer to get to the breaker box. Another possibility is that it is behind the fireplace. I haven't checked there yet, but that might be where it is hidden.

That's about as far away from the batteries as you can get, though, and that doesn't make much sense. More investigation is needed, but at least I now know that there IS an inverter. I just don't know where.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    Well, I spent the last hour or so playing around with the refrigerator problem. First off, I'm very thankful I didn't light up my eyeballs.

Before working on the 120 VAC I went outside and turned the 50A breaker off, so that all power inside was off. Then I pulled the refrigerator breaker and checked it. Good. Pulled the outlet and checked it. First problem was that the faceplate was broken where a screw was. Second problem was that the outlet was not installed in a box - just a couple of ears on the screws to hold it to the very thin plywood. Electrically, it all checked out, so I plugged the small light back in and turned on the electricity. Light came on this time. Since the outlet was still sitting on the floor, with the back off, I didn't want to mess with it while it was powered. I flipped the refrigerator breaker off, and the light just blinked once and kept shining. Turned off every breaker in the box and the light kept on glowing. What the heck, I'll turn the (nonexistant) inverter off. Light went off.

Obviously there is an inverter installed, just like the build sheet says there is. It isn't on the ceiling of the pass-through, which is where the factory claims it always goes. So where might it be?

The wire for the refrigerator outlet goes toward the rear of the trailer. The breaker box is forward of the outlet. Why doesn't it go forward? Maybe the refrigerator is in the way, and they had to go towards the rear to join other wires that go underneath the trailer to get to the breaker box. Another possibility is that it is behind the fireplace. I haven't checked there yet, but that might be where it is hidden.

That's about as far away from the batteries as you can get, though, and that doesn't make much sense. More investigation is needed, but at least I now know that there IS an inverter. I just don't know where.
    So it is now working??
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is right now. We'll see what happens on Monday. The only thing I really did was to take the circuit breaker out, check for continuity when open and closed, and put it back. Of course, to test I had to take the wire off, so maybe I put it back on tighter than it was. I don't know.

I don't mind working on electrical issues, but it sure would be nice once in a while to find something and be able to say, "That is the problem, and this is the solution" and actually be right.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you probably have a subpanel powered by the inverter and a transfer switch.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is right now. We'll see what happens on Monday. The only thing I really did was to take the circuit breaker out, check for continuity when open and closed, and put it back. Of course, to test I had to take the wire off, so maybe I put it back on tighter than it was. I don't know.

I don't mind working on electrical issues, but it sure would be nice once in a while to find something and be able to say, "That is the problem, and this is the solution" and actually be right.
    Or when you turned the breaker off to work on it you were actually resetting it
    Not all tripped breakers are obvious they are tripped
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Or when you turned the breaker off to work on it you were actually resetting it
    Not all tripped breakers are obvious they are tripped "

That is a distinct possibility. Now all I have to do is figure out WHY the breaker tripped.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wire for the refrigerator outlet goes toward the rear of the trailer. The breaker box is forward of the outlet. Why doesn't it go forward?

It is in a slide out. Most likely, they ran the wiring to where everything goes through a central location to connect into the main "box".
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep your battery switch “on” to run the Furion Fridge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123