Today was our official maiden voyage. (I'm not counting the trip home from the dealer.) Thanks to all of the well-wishers at The Ranch, we got out about 45 minutes behind the planned departure time. Since that was less than the hour I had guessed we would need, I'm happy. We went about 250 miles or so, and arrived here mid-afternoon. That's when the fun began.

Jo Ann quickly told me that the refrigerator wasn't working. I poked around a bit and found a label on the 120 V panel for a refrigerator breaker and no fuses or breakers in the 12 V panel. That told me that, contrary to what the dealer told us, this IS a residential refrigerator. I called the service department at the dealership and all they could tell me was that I would have to pull the refrigerator out in order to see if it had become unplugged. We emptied the refrigerator and wrestled it most of the way out. It isn't plugged in behind the refrigerator but at the back of the small cabinet under the stove. One screw removed the plywood cover and I had access to the outlet. I plugged a lamp into the outlet and the outlet is dead.

Had the service person actually known where the outlet was I could have been done an hour sooner. I've plugged the refrigerator into a heavy extension cord which in turn is plugged into a WORKING outlet. Tomorrow I'll talk to GD about finding a dealer along our route to fix the issue.