Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Inverter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inverter Location

Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    I suspect that the inverter is an option by itself, but included when the residential refrigerator is selected.

Their confusion, I think, comes from the fact that the inverter is normally installed on the ceiling of the pass-through bay. It isn't there, but the build sheet says there is one, and the control panel is present and seems to work. Since I'm in Texas and they are in Indiana, it is kind of hard for them to look at the trailer.

It could well be that the breaker for that circuit has died and a few dollars for a new breaker will get things back to normal. I'll probably try that route this weekend.
    I have a 2022 Reflection 315RLTS. Had the same issue trying to find the inverter. GD support was sure it was in the passthrough, or behind the breaker panel. I eventually found it mounted behind the drawers in the Master, adjacent to the shower. Seemed a waste not to have no 110V outlet available when on battery power, so I rewired a nearby outlet to also be powered by the inverter.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 Momentum 397TH-R, our inverter is in the basement, attached to the ceiling, just above the battery

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi people.
    I thought I would wake up the thread and ask a little question.

We like to run the residential fridge on the inverter all the time. It's a better consistent power source.

When we plug in to the parks power, the wiring bi-passes the inverter. Is there a way to stop that from happening? Do I need to unplug the fridge outlet behind the pass-thru wall?
    If I turn off the fridge breaker, it also turns off everything at the coffee nook wall area (including the love seat power on the other side of the wall).

Thanks in advance, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Hi people.

We like to run the residential fridge on the inverter all the time. It's a better consistent power source.

When we plug in to the parks power, the wiring bi-passes the inverter. Is there a way to stop that from happening? Do I need to unplug the fridge outlet behind the pass-thru wall?
    If I turn off the fridge breaker, it also turns off everything at the coffee nook wall area (including the love seat power on the other side of the wall).

Thanks in advance, KEN
    You would have to directly wire the outlet for the refer to the inverter.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi people.

Thanks in advance, KEN
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    You would have to directly wire the outlet for the refer to the inverter.
    I believe it already is. That's why it comes on if power from the pedestal is disconnected and the inverter switch is in the on position.
    KEN
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it already is. That's why it comes on if power from the pedestal is disconnected and the inverter switch is in the on position.
    KEN
    You would then have to look at the inverter manual to see if there is a switch setting to change it from bypass to "always on". Usually, on the "higher end" inverters, there are dip switches that allow you to configure things like that. Oh, the other thing is the inverter will need to be wired directly to the battery instead of the converter. (That will also ensure the inverter always powers the refer.)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would then have to look at the inverter manual to see if there is a switch setting to change it from bypass to "always on". Usually, on the "higher end" inverters, there are dip switches that allow you to configure things like that. Oh, the other thing is the inverter will need to be wired directly to the battery instead of the converter. (That will also ensure the inverter always powers the refer.)
    The fridge inverter is a very basic pure sine wave 1000w inverter. It is wired to the batteries like all inverters should be.
    There are 110 wired going to the circuit breaker box and to an outlet that might be what I need to disconnect.
    KEN
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fridge inverter is a very basic pure sine wave 1000w inverter. It is wired to the batteries like all inverters should be.
    There are 110 wired going to the circuit breaker box and to an outlet that might be what I need to disconnect.
    KEN
    To put it simply, this is how to have it wired so the inverter powers the refer all the time: battery -> inverter -> refer outlet -> refer

If there is any other connections being made, to the breaker panel or otherwise, it would need to be modified or changed.

I believe you have the gist of it, based on your last post. [emoji41]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KEN
    Do you have a circuit breaker labeled refrig? Try turning that off and see if refrigerator gets power when inverter is turned on.

My WFCO inverter is plugged into an outlet from the breaker panel labeled refrig. The inverter allows a pass through from the breaker panel when on shore power to the refrigerator when plugged into shore power. The pass through is allowed whether the inverter is on or off.

You may also just unplug the inverter from that shore powered outlet. Then the inverter would be the only power source for the refrigerator.
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To put it simply, this is how to have it wired so the inverter powers the refer all the time: battery -> inverter -> refer outlet -> refer

If there is any other connections being made, to the breaker panel or otherwise, it would need to be modified or changed.

I believe you have the gist of it, based on your last post. [emoji41]
    Thanks Mark.
    I get the idea.
    I'll go in the front pass-thru at our next stop. We are at Rainbow Point Campground near West Yellowstone, MT. The Mosquitoes are so thick, it's tourcher to go outside.

KEN
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast