Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inverter?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inverter?

Contrary to what we were told, we actually have a 120 VAC residential refrigerator. I was under the impression that this refrigerator would be powered by the solar panel on the roof when we were going down the road. Now that I know I have a 120 VAC refrigerator, I ought to have an inverter somewhere, right? There is, indeed, a little panel above the two fuse/breaker panels with an LED. It says, "LED on = inverter on. LED off = inverter off." Since the light is on, that ought to mean that the inverter is powering an outlet, right?

So where might this inverter be hidden? I'd also like to know if the inverter has a pass-thru function, so that when we're plugged into shore power the inverter outlet(s) are powered automatically without going through the inverter.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usually close to the battery
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's where I would expect to find it, too. The batteries are mounted outside, on the tongue, and I would guess the inverter probably isn't out there. Maybe behind a wall in the pass-through? Sure would be nice if the manuals would give a hint about where things are hidden. Even better, tell us what outlets(s) are powered by the inverter.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    That's where I would expect to find it, too. The batteries are mounted outside, on the tongue, and I would guess the inverter probably isn't out there. Maybe behind a wall in the pass-through? Sure would be nice if the manuals would give a hint about where things are hidden. Even better, tell us what outlets(s) are powered by the inverter.
    Didn’t you go over any of this stuff with the dealer or familiarize yourself with the trailer?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contrary to what we were told, we actually have a 120 VAC residential refrigerator. I was under the impression that this refrigerator would be powered by the solar panel on the roof when we were going down the road. Now that I know I have a 120 VAC refrigerator, I ought to have an inverter somewhere, right? There is, indeed, a little panel above the two fuse/breaker panels with an LED. It says, "LED on = inverter on. LED off = inverter off." Since the light is on, that ought to mean that the inverter is powering an outlet, right?

So where might this inverter be hidden? I'd also like to know if the inverter has a pass-thru function, so that when we're plugged into shore power the inverter outlet(s) are powered automatically without going through the inverter.
    Yes you have an inverter. If the LED is on, the inverter will take over when you lose shore power. If the LED is off, the fridge will lose power when you lose shore power. Can’t help with where yours is located, but can tell you it does pass thru when hooked to shore power. When you unplug, it takes over (as long as it’s turned on and the LED is on. This is how ours works anyway.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inverter is located behind the fuse panel.

I find it very unusual that you have a 120v furrion fridge.

Must have been a special ordered unit.

My is a 12v furrion fridge.

Same unit!
    Retired U.S. Navy Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Big Horn, CC, 6.7 Cummins
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markandkim View Post
    The inverter is located behind the fuse panel.

I find it very unusual that you have a 120v furrion fridge.

Must have been a special ordered unit.

My is a 12v furrion fridge.

Same unit!
    In another post he said he has a “Furrion” which is the 12 volt
    The residential fridge I am quite sure is a Haier unit so unsure what he has
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is a Haier residential unit. The dealer told us it was a 12 vdc unit. Since everything else is Furrion, I just assumed that the refrigerator was, too.

I talked to Owen at Grand Design this morning. Since the build sheet says we have an inverter, it must be there - somewhere. He said the normal place is on the ceiling of the pass-through bay. The only thing I see there is the syncronizer for the slides. There is an orange wire that looks like a 120 VAC wire peaking out from there, though, so maybe the inverter is buried back in there. This afternoon I'll take everything out of that bay and start removing panels.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is a Haier residential unit. The dealer told us it was a 12 vdc unit. Since everything else is Furrion, I just assumed that the refrigerator was, too.

I talked to Owen at Grand Design this morning. Since the build sheet says we have an inverter, it must be there - somewhere. He said the normal place is on the ceiling of the pass-through bay. The only thing I see there is the syncronizer for the slides. There is an orange wire that looks like a 120 VAC wire peaking out from there, though, so maybe the inverter is buried back in there. This afternoon I'll take everything out of that bay and start removing panels.
    Did you look under the drawers in the bedroom with the wall that is shared with the bath?

And thank you for fixing the confusion. The Furrion element was the issue
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I was able to look under the drawers. No inverter.

I took the panel off of the Nautilus area and looked in there. There is a large, orange wire that looks like a 10 gauge 120 VAC wire. It comes up and goes back down to the space below the Nautilus. Why there is 4' of it looping up I don't know. It looks like I'll have to take some of the belly skin loose in order to see what's under there. With 30-40 mph winds I don't want to do that now.
    David Lininger, kb0zke

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast