User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inverter?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    Yes, I was able to look under the drawers. No inverter.

I took the panel off of the Nautilus area and looked in there. There is a large, orange wire that looks like a 10 gauge 120 VAC wire. It comes up and goes back down to the space below the Nautilus. Why there is 4' of it looping up I don't know. It looks like I'll have to take some of the belly skin loose in order to see what's under there. With 30-40 mph winds I don't want to do that now.
    There is no way you would have to do all that to get to the inverter. At least I can’t imagine

It has to be closer by. All I have seen is where I told you. Near the WH under the drawers
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @kb0zke
    For some info on the Reflection 315RLTS see this video and pay attention beginning at the 7:35 minute mark. It won't help you find an inverter, but it does shed some light on why there is a Heire 120 volt residential frig in some Reflection Travel Trailers.

At the 14 minute mark in that video it shows the solar panel controller. I'll guess the inverter is an inexpensive one screwed on the top of that storage bay on the water panel side. that's just my guess tho.

You could always disconnect the 120 branch circuit for the frig from the breaker panel and run a tone tester down that wire to maybe trace where it goes into an inverter.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the panel off of the Nautilus area and looked in there. There is a large, orange wire that looks like a 10 gauge 120 VAC wire. It comes up and goes back down to the space below the Nautilus. Why there is 4' of it looping up I don't know. It looks like I'll have to take some of the belly skin loose in order to see what's under there. With 30-40 mph winds I don't want to do that now.
    It is very unlikely it is in the belly area. As others have said, it would be near the battery. On my coach, that orange Romex was part of the inverter prep. There was a long loop such as you describe which I cut and wired in my ATS. Are you sure you have an inverter? It's beginning to sound like some things on your coach weren't the way the dealer described them to you. You say you've been in contact with GD customer service, they can't tell you where to look for the inverter?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I've talked to Owen at GD. He did some checking there and now he's a bit confused, too. Apparently the Reflection TT doesn't come with an inverter as standard equipment. It is, however, a pretty common option, especially with a 120 VAC residential refrigerator. When one is installed at the factory it normally goes on the ceiling of the pass-through bay. That makes a lot of sense, since the batteries and solar controller are fairly close by. The build sheet for our trailer shows that an inverter is supposed to be here, and the small control panel is present and when I push the button to turn it on or off the light responds appropriately.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I've talked to Owen at GD. He did some checking there and now he's a bit confused, too. Apparently the Reflection TT doesn't come with an inverter as standard equipment. It is, however, a pretty common option, especially with a 120 VAC residential refrigerator. When one is installed at the factory it normally goes on the ceiling of the pass-through bay. That makes a lot of sense, since the batteries and solar controller are fairly close by. The build sheet for our trailer shows that an inverter is supposed to be here, and the small control panel is present and when I push the button to turn it on or off the light responds appropriately.
    Can’t imagine having a residential fridge and an inverter being optional. That makes zero sense

What does make sense the longer I am on this forum and own a Grand Design is this company is lost.
    The fact that when you call Grand Design and they can’t answer simple questions or look at a build sheet and provide answers is highly disturbing
    There is zero excuse that they can’t answer your questions
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect that the inverter is an option by itself, but included when the residential refrigerator is selected.

Their confusion, I think, comes from the fact that the inverter is normally installed on the ceiling of the pass-through bay. It isn't there, but the build sheet says there is one, and the control panel is present and seems to work. Since I'm in Texas and they are in Indiana, it is kind of hard for them to look at the trailer.

It could well be that the breaker for that circuit has died and a few dollars for a new breaker will get things back to normal. I'll probably try that route this weekend.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect that the inverter is an option by itself, but included when the residential refrigerator is selected.

Their confusion, I think, comes from the fact that the inverter is normally installed on the ceiling of the pass-through bay. It isn't there, but the build sheet says there is one, and the control panel is present and seems to work. Since I'm in Texas and they are in Indiana, it is kind of hard for them to look at the trailer.

It could well be that the breaker for that circuit has died and a few dollars for a new breaker will get things back to normal. I'll probably try that route this weekend.
    They can look at the trailer from the sheet when they built it. Should not need to physically see it

Btw is there any other outlets not working?

Have you reset all the breakers by turning fully off to back on?
    Have you reset the gfci’s?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a sub-panel or a breaker specific for the inverter? A lot of people with factory inverters have a sub-panel somewhere. It's possible if you do, one of those breakers tripped or failed.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been reading along and now think that you were in fact suppose to have an inverter but someone forgot to install it. However, the weird part is that inverter switch that works. Will GD be sending you an inverter or did they say to bring it to the dealer? You can also get them to cover a Mobile Tech. You'll only be on the hook for his displacement fee.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I've been reading along and now think that you were in fact suppose to have an inverter but someone forgot to install it. However, the weird part is that inverter switch that works. Will GD be sending you an inverter or did they say to bring it to the dealer? You can also get them to cover a Mobile Tech. You'll only be on the hook for his displacement fee.
    I doubt that is the case. It likely is in his trailer. Besides he said it ( the fridge) was working so
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast