User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Grand Design Imagine 3110BH Electrical Issue

Hello! I have a Grand Design Imagine 3110BH Travel Trailer. We were camping last week and connected to shore power. Everything was working on day 1. Then on day 2, we lost power so I went out to reset the post that we were plugged into. Some things were not getting power and some things were. We are now home, plugged into my house and are still having the same issue. The things that are getting power are the microwave, TV and electrical outlets. Nothing else. When I run it off the battery, everything gets power. I flipped all the breakers off and back on several times to make sure it wasn't a tripped breaker. I also checked the fuses in the panel and they were fine. Would anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be and if there is something else that may have been tripped, that I do not know the location of and could reset? I know that with 50 amp trailers, there are 2 legs, so I believe one of the legs is not getting power and am unsure how to reset it. I'm also fearing that something got a surge and is now fried. Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First - you have to know that 120V things run off shore power; or maybe an inverter, but I'll guess you don't have an inverter.

Then you have to know if ALL your 120v outlets, appliances, AC, microwave, water heater, TV, etc. are working or not. If only some are then MAYBE you are missing one leg of 120VAC.

Next - 12v is for lightning, and control of air conditioners (not the compressor or fan; just the thermostat), LP detector, jacks, slides and... (not sure what else).

I'm confused when you say you run off the battery and everything gets power - huh? Does than mean your microwave, and air conditioners work when no on shore power.

I think you need to access the AC circuit breaker panel and measure both legs to see if you have 120v on each.
    > If so, then chase down what is coming through each circuit breaker until you find what isn't passing power.
    > If one (or both?) legs are missing then you are going to have to work backwards to find where 120V stops.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods