User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Inverter?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyjc View Post
    Do you have a circuit breaker labeled refrig? Try turning that off and see if refrigerator gets power when inverter is turned on.

My WFCO inverter is plugged into an outlet from the breaker panel labeled refrig. The inverter allows a pass through from the breaker panel when on shore power to the refrigerator when plugged into shore power. The pass through is allowed whether the inverter is on or off.

You may also just unplug the inverter from that shore powered outlet. Then the inverter would be the only power source for the refrigerator.
    Thanks.
    I will give that a test at the next stop. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK

I went into the front pass-thru and got in behind the wall.

I unplugged the cord coming from the fridge dedicated 1000 w inverter. I then tested to see if the residential refrigerator was connected to any other power, beside the inverter by turning off the inverter. The fridge went off, so I just figured out how to disconnect the power from the house ac.

Here are some wiring pictures.

The wire at the top back of the picture comes from the inverter.

The plug came out of this outlet. I'm guessing that the wire comes from the circuit breaker box and when the plug from the inverter closes the circuit, the power comes from inverter if it is on.

Inverter and plug.

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inverter location

Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    Contrary to what we were told, we actually have a 120 VAC residential refrigerator. I was under the impression that this refrigerator would be powered by the solar panel on the roof when we were going down the road. Now that I know I have a 120 VAC refrigerator, I ought to have an inverter somewhere, right? There is, indeed, a little panel above the two fuse/breaker panels with an LED. It says, "LED on = inverter on. LED off = inverter off." Since the light is on, that ought to mean that the inverter is powering an outlet, right?

So where might this inverter be hidden? I'd also like to know if the inverter has a pass-thru function, so that when we're plugged into shore power the inverter outlet(s) are powered automatically without going through the inverter.
    You will find the inverter behind the drawers in the Master - by the hot water heater next to the shower wall.

The inverter does have a pass through. The green light allows the inverter to function on battery power. Pass through function will work whenever plugged into shore power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same setup in our 315rlts. Yes, it is behind the 2 drawers under the small closet in the front bedroom. If you open the top drawer all the way, there is enough room to see it mounted on the wall at the front of the shower.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3280.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	688.8 KB 
ID:	47837

We had the same experience. Nobody knew where it was.

Note this inverter is stand-alone and dedicated to the Haier fridge. It has nothing to do with the “factory inverter prep” mentioned elsewhere.
    Last edited by classicrockguy; 08-23-2023 at 08:02 PM.
    Barry & Joanne & Maggie
    '22 Reflection 315rlts, dual A/C, ceramic tint, 370w solar, mattress upgrade
    '22 Ford F250 6.7 PSD, Lariat, FX4, HCTP, 10800# gvw, 2835# cargo, FS bags, integrated trailer tire P/T mon, Equalizer 14k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In order to have a dedicated 110V circuit tied to the inverter, i disconnected the outlet under the drawers from the circuit it was connected to and re-wired it to the inverter output. That gives me 110V power for CPAP, etc., when on battery power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s worth noting that this inverter install is very much an “add” that was not well thought out by GD. There are 2 significant problems with it:

1) There is no fuse protecting the very heavy gauge wires going directly from the batteries to the inverter. This is a clear fire hazard.

2) Since the negative cable to the inverter goes directly from the battery to the inverter, it by-passes the battery monitor shunt resister. Therefore, the battery monitor current draw display is incorrect when the inverter is in use. This really sucks since the inverter is a major load on the 12v system when it is in use.

I have corrected both of these deficiencies on my 315.
    Barry & Joanne & Maggie
    '22 Reflection 315rlts, dual A/C, ceramic tint, 370w solar, mattress upgrade
    '22 Ford F250 6.7 PSD, Lariat, FX4, HCTP, 10800# gvw, 2835# cargo, FS bags, integrated trailer tire P/T mon, Equalizer 14k

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345