Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Capital Griddle 3 Burner

Has anyone run the 3 burner Capital Griddle yet? Our new 2400BH has one (picking it up next week) and I am curious how it is compared to Blackstone. How does the Capital heat? Is it even? Is that an H burner on the 3 burner?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum ! We have not used the griddle but hope someone has an answer for you... just wanted to say Hi and enjoy the new trailer!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dewinterized this weekend and while sanitizing my FIL took the opportunity to try to season the griddle. We had a light breeze, but not gusting.

We used black stone seasoning which is a mix of palm oil shortening, beeswax, palm oil, canola oil, and soy oil.
    The seasoning itself worked well, but I noticed the griddle seemed really influenced by the breeze and the heating of the griddle top appeared uneven. This coming weekend I will try to lay down another coat or two of seasoning.

I’m curious as to your experience OP. Thanks!
    Doug, Cheryl, 2 Kids, 2 Dogs.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax (Sam)
    2023 Imagine 2910BH (Frodo)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Sam, we took delivery of our 3210BH in December and am planning on seasoning my griddle this coming week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought the 3210BH too. We have not made our first trip yet. Have you tried the griddle yet

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwqte8199 View Post
    We bought the 3210BH too. We have not made our first trip yet. Have you tried the griddle yet
    Yes! We used it at dinner for burgers, breakfast, and hot dogs. Not terribly adventurous for the first trip. It worked well for the food. I even made scrambled eggs on the griddle. Was interesting!

There is a lack of space to put your cooking utensils or ingredients. So a side table or something is necessary. Paper towels and make sure you take some foil to line the drip cup. I didn’t see any after market drip cup liners in this size.

I cleaned the griddle while still hot- that was key, there was a lot of spatter from the burgers. I did wait for the griddle to cool before I cleaned behind. I am not so sure I really think it’s a good design, if the tray pulled out a few more inches to get behind that would be ideal. For greasy foods like 80/20 burgers, the griddle is fine but it stays close to the camper so cleaning up afterwards and the grease spatter during is annoying.

The griddle seemed a little sensitive to the wind, but taking a little strip of foil and hanging in on the side seemed to help block the wind.

I think that I’d like to find a way to support my cooking utensils and also have a place for my ingredients. Like a table top that can slide out in the gap between the partition and mini fridge in my 2910bh.

Outside of the spatter it really worked better than I expected.
    Doug, Cheryl, 2 Kids, 2 Dogs.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax (Sam)
    2023 Imagine 2910BH (Frodo)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    viking, I just seasoned it and used it for the first time today. I used crisco to season it and it seems like it took pretty well. I cooked these steaks on it with cheese onion and mushrooms and nothing stuck. Pretty impressed with it and it is nice to have my Weber Traveler and a griddle. Can't wait to cook bacon and eggs on it. I don't like having to crawl under the Rv to connect to propane hose and in order to close the grill , disconnect it. I have to find a better way of doing this. Any GD brothers / Sisters have any thoughts or suggestions on this ? Kid

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadakid View Post
    viking, I just seasoned it and used it for the first time today. I used crisco to season it and it seems like it took pretty well. I cooked these steaks on it with cheese onion and mushrooms and nothing stuck. Pretty impressed with it and it is nice to have my Weber Traveler and a griddle. Can't wait to cook bacon and eggs on it. I don't like having to crawl under the Rv to connect to propane hose and in order to close the grill , disconnect it. I have to find a better way of doing this. Any GD brothers / Sisters have any thoughts or suggestions on this ? Kid
    Kanadakid, do you know if this griddle will drop in the hole in the slide out on my trailer? I have a double burner electric cooktop in there now and have found one of these griddles for $150. I really want to swap it out.
    2021 Imagine 2910BH
    2020 Chevy 2500 HD Crew, 6.6L Duramax, Z71, 4X4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone mind posting a couple pics of how their griddle is attached to the drawer slides? I'm thinking (hoping) that I can just remove my drawer and electric drop-in and bolt the griddle directly to the drawer slides. Anyone tried this? Thanks.
    2021 Imagine 2910BH
    2020 Chevy 2500 HD Crew, 6.6L Duramax, Z71, 4X4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddgopher View Post
    Does anyone mind posting a couple pics of how their griddle is attached to the drawer slides? I'm thinking (hoping) that I can just remove my drawer and electric drop-in and bolt the griddle directly to the drawer slides. Anyone tried this? Thanks.
    I literally just removed my griddle about an hour ago. It just slides off like a drawer in your desk - you pinch the latch releases while pulling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast