User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electric stabilizers circuitry

On my 2022 3250BH the electric stabilizers quit working (electrically - work fine with the crank). Other 12v stuff working. How is the circuit for the stabilizers ran on our trailers.
    Also, would there be any issue running the front jack (and possibly the stabilizers as well) directly to the battery?
    The front jack runs to the 30 amp breaker under the left front of the trailer (currently I have a manually resettable one). The battery and the lead for the front jack shares the same pole, so there is no circuit protection going on there.
    Seems simpler to run it directly to the battery (the small pole) and reduce congestion at the breaker.
    I am still having a minor 12v issue, otherwise. The 30 amp breaker (under the left front of the trailer) will trip at some point going down the highway.
    I have tested this by turning on my test lights (the V lights on the front of the trailer). Sometimes they will stay on for 100 miles or more. Sometimes they will go out after a few miles. As it stands, can't really put anything in the refrigerator to cool while heading to our camping destination. Not actually a big issue for us as the refrigerator on this model is a pain to get to.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f100owner View Post
    On my 2022 3250BH the electric stabilizers quit working (electrically - work fine with the crank). Other 12v stuff working. How is the circuit for the stabilizers ran on our trailers.
    Also, would there be any issue running the front jack (and possibly the stabilizers as well) directly to the battery?
    The front jack runs to the 30 amp breaker under the left front of the trailer (currently I have a manually resettable one). The battery and the lead for the front jack shares the same pole, so there is no circuit protection going on there.
    Seems simpler to run it directly to the battery (the small pole) and reduce congestion at the breaker.
    I am still having a minor 12v issue, otherwise. The 30 amp breaker (under the left front of the trailer) will trip at some point going down the highway.
    I have tested this by turning on my test lights (the V lights on the front of the trailer). Sometimes they will stay on for 100 miles or more. Sometimes they will go out after a few miles. As it stands, can't really put anything in the refrigerator to cool while heading to our camping destination. Not actually a big issue for us as the refrigerator on this model is a pain to get to.
    Sounds like you may have a short somewhere if the breaker is tripping during travel. Have you reached out to GD customer service? They may be able to help you with a wiring diagram. These diagrams aren't published since builds can change frequently, but they may be willing to share one with you. Have your VIN number handy when you call.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't want anything not running through a breaker. Fire can result.

My stabilizers have an auto resetting breaker at the back between the switch and the stabilizer motor. The switches are high failure items. I also had an issue where the chassis ground wasn't consistent. I pulled the mounting bolts and added star washers and haven't had trouble since.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana