Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace not coming on automatically after working hours before

Hey Guys,

Got a 2022 Imagine XLS 23LDE.

I'm having this issue where after some time the furnace will stop coming on automatically.

Example:

I arrived at camp at 9:30pm with full propane tanks, turned on the furnace while setting up, everything went fine. Temp went to 68 and it held there. At 2am I woke up cold and saw that the thermostat was still set at 68 but the actual temp in the camper was down near 50 degrees. I turned off the furnace and turned it back on and it started no problem. At around 930am the same thing happened, furnace was "on" but the temp had fallen down to 63.

This has been happening since pretty much I took delivery of the trailer back in February. I've had other issues I been working through so I haven't had time to address this.
    Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't say what brand your thermostat is. We had that issue with ours (a Coleman Mach system) and it turned out to the an issue with the thermostat. I replaced the thermostat and all is well. This won't apply if you have one the new-fangled all-in-one control centers, I don't think.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanCelestina View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm having this issue where after some time the furnace will stop coming on automatically.

Example:

I arrived at camp at 9:30pm with full propane tanks, turned on the furnace while setting up, everything went fine. Temp went to 68 and it held there. At 2am I woke up cold and saw that the thermostat was still set at 68 but the actual temp in the camper was down near 50 degrees. I turned off the furnace and turned it back on and it started no problem. At around 930am the same thing happened, furnace was "on" but the temp had fallen down to 63.

This has been happening since pretty much I took delivery of the trailer back in February. I've had other issues I been working through so I haven't had time to address this.
    I had that happen back in January. I took off the outside furnace cover and found a small piece of thin cardboard stuck behind a micro switch that has an actuator that sticks inside the edge of the motor. Plucked it out and all has been fine since. Assuming it was a piece of debris from packing, but who knows…..
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same thing happened with my fish house this year. A replacement of the thermostat solved my problem.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You don't say what brand your thermostat is. We had that issue with ours (a Coleman Mach system) and it turned out to the an issue with the thermostat. I replaced the thermostat and all is well. This won't apply if you have one the new-fangled all-in-one control centers, I don't think.

Rob
    I have a Dometic Thermostat.

Later today I'll check for any debris that might be stuck.

Thanks guys!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanCelestina View Post
    Hey Guys,

Example:

Well this is odd. My 320 MKS just started doing this two days ago. it's been working fine, no issues in two years other than it gets too warm in bedroom with door shut... Ihave two large propane tanks, one is empty, the other is at 62%, all oven and stoves work fine.

you can turn unit to off, or to a/c . let it cycle into anything other than heat, then turn back to heat and it comes on, fires burner up and gets up to set temp, shuts down burner then continues to blow until heat is dissipated, blower stops, and then will not come back on when temperatures drops. It may have come back on briefly for a minute or two, without firing up the burner, I'm not sure. I tried to replicate that, but could not. I have an airxcel thermostat. The RV has been parked for three weeks, first two weeks it wokred great. Came back fto the parked trailer after a week away, and developed the issue.