User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    The torque for the AC bolts is 30-40 inch lbs. I bought a wrench specifically for that.
    Yep. Same here. Bought one from Amazon ($40) and have used it once when I added RV-Air Inserts to the A/C.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivecodys View Post
    Yep. Same here. Bought one from Amazon ($40) and have used it once when I added RV-Air Inserts to the A/C.
    I retorque then every year as part of my annual maintenance since we are full time in the coach.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tools - you can never have enough of them.

I'm like others - 3 sets (one in the shop, one in the camper, on in a work cart).

but - too many tools in a camper is just too much weight. After my almost 40 years of camping I carry as few spares as I can and minimal tools (and no power tools) and probably still have too many on board. There is always a store close by or someone else (probably in an overloaded camper) in the campground that is happy to help by using their tools - all you have to do is stand around, look confused, and hold any tool in your hand and someone will help.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should show my wife this thread, she can't understand why I like multiples of the same tool. I feel you can't have too many tools.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we went fulltime I got rid of a lot of tools. I had a 30x30 automotive shop with a lift. When we had our home garage sale, crazy day, I thought I had all the tools I wanted to keep separated, then a guy came by and bought all my other tools, 3 roller tool carts full & mig. I thought I kept the ones I thought I would use, circular saw, jig saw, torque wrench inch & foot, wrenches, sockets, ratchets etc. Some tools I kept I haven't used in almost 3 years, others i sold and then had to buy again.

Spare parts - I probably carry too much but when you need them and don't have them, you find they are on back order and it could take weeks to get. Then the prices have really gone up if you can get them at all!!!
    Like I carry 2 Dexter complete USA made brake assembly plates, one right, one left. I just had to use my spare right assembly, I could hardly find a replacement part to put back as a spare, everybody wanted to sell me their cheap stuff. Boy they really went up in price since I last got a spare brake assy. I ordered directly from Dexter and finally with some trouble, got it almost 2 weeks later.
    I have a spare axle leaf spring on order, I haven't got it yet, been almost 2 weeks. My thought is, at least I can keep the rig rolling to get to a better place. I also carry a spare set of axle U Bolts, couple spare shackles, wet bolts, two complete sets of Timken bearings and Dexter seals. Tool box up against the truck cab is pretty full of stuff.
    When our converter went out in the dead of winter, I found a new one, then found what was wrong with the old one and fix it and keep it as a spare. Lots of pex stuff, you get the idea.

Heck I've been on the lookout for Shell Rotella T6 15W40, scarce as hen's teeth, just happen to be in WalMart in a small town and they had two 2.5 gallon jugs, bought one. I wont need it until late summer. But it sure went up in price, from $47 last I bought to $60!! So I'm carrying it around too.
    The last thing I want is to get stuck out in the middle of know where, without a paddle, or a place to stick it!!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 03-25-2023 at 06:32 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Speaking of excess tools.. try owning a city home, lake home, and an RV. 3 of everything and when you sell one, lots to give away.

Used to think my car collection was hard to manage - until I sold my city stick built!
    Try owning three SxS, on RV, one tractor, one compact track loader, and two homes. I have more tools than the Snap On and Matco guys carry on their trucks..
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryriddle View Post
    I have been pulling an RV for well over 40 years and with each new RV, I review all the potential issues and tools I should have with me to address those issues. For example, I have a complete set of bearings, seals, a bearing packer, a compression kit for seals, both red and blue water lines and connectors, etc.

I found I also needed a FAT WRENCH that measures in inches vs pounds. I have weapons and know such a tool is used for scopes, etc. but have no idea why I ordered it for my RV just in case it was needed.

Does anyone have any idea why I needed this tool? I don't recall, but that goes with being 75.

Thanks
    I use mine to check the torque on the wiring connections in the breaker box (after disconnecting the power first). I got a chart, somewhere, that has the torque settings for all of the wiring connections.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Nm torque wrench for my bicycle maintenance. Always take it (in a cycle tool box) with us when we travel, along with three of our bikes. Easy to convert to inch lb. Have used it on the AC & different things in the RV.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmmmmmmm
    SHINY tools....lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged