User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installing Dishwasher in Reflection 5th Wheel Island?

Hello,

We are interested in putting a dishwasher under the the island, maybe removing one of the island doors and fitting so it looks like it belongs. Has anyone installed a dishwasher before and would it be possible without a major change to the RV? We would like something like the Fisher & Paykel integrated dishwasher with sanitize.

Thanks!
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Hello,

We are interested in putting a dishwasher under the the island, maybe removing one of the island doors and fitting so it looks like it belongs. Has anyone installed a dishwasher before and would it be possible without a major change to the RV? We would like something like the Fisher & Paykel integrated dishwasher with sanitize.

Thanks!
    Unfortunately, the plumbing for the sink in the 320MKS gets in the way of doing that. You would have to remove the drawers on the right and the right hand door, then fabricate a frame for the front.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Unfortunately, the plumbing for the sink in the 320MKS gets in the way of doing that. You would have to remove the drawers on the right and the right hand door, then fabricate a frame for the front.
    Thanks! You're always a great help! We'll probably avoid doing that then as it would be a project a little larger than what we want to take on, and losing that storage is big.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! You're always a great help! We'll probably avoid doing that then as it would be a project a little larger than what we want to take on, and losing that storage is big.
    Yup. You MIGHT get away with a counter top dish washer, but then you lose the counter space!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus, since I'm the dishwasher, I don't think my wife would let me go! [emoji41]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Yup. You MIGHT get away with a counter top dish washer, but then you lose the counter space!
    We thought of that but as you know, counter space is tough in here, so we want to avoid that. Maybe with a little more motivation and time, we'll fabricate something under the island like you suggested and rearrange our storage.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Thanks!
    Replace the island. You can use stock cabinets and tie them together with screws—modify them as needed. We cut off the toe kicks and made new ones to ensure proper slide clearances. Replace the island. It’s a LOT of work, but it’s worth doing. For ours the result was stunning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AF3395D0-43D4-4EF3-A038-3AF3F01B1DD5.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	45566
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    Replace the island. You can use stock cabinets and tie them together with screws—modify them as needed. We cut off the toe kicks and made new ones to ensure proper slide clearances. Replace the island. It’s a LOT of work, but it’s worth doing. For ours the result was stunning.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AF3395D0-43D4-4EF3-A038-3AF3F01B1DD5.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	45566
    I'm starting to lighten up to the idea. There's a lot of custom things we could do to not only add counter space, but add other space around it. It wouldn't be too bad to measure everything, build it all outside the rv, and put it in all in one day once it's competed. I want everything to match the existing wood color to the T so I'm on grand designs site looking at the pieces I would need to put this all together and they seam to have it all there. A little googling helped me locate the counter top material and the island material can be purchased from them.

Now, it's a matter of just remove the doors and put the dishwasher in, which would save a ton of money and time, or custom build.
    Last edited by EddieK82; 03-26-2023 at 12:32 PM.
    Ed & Kaitlin