User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful rig! I think Luxe or maybe New Horizons could lure me away from our Momentum... but then I'd want a M2 112 for towing. Hmmm...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    This thread is worthless without pictures? It's OK, you can say it.

We're in a park right now with WiFi out of the 90s, I'll be home tomorrow and see if I can get some better shots up, but here's one that I managed to download.

Attachment 46082
    Yes, that is sharp ! My BIL and his wife have enjoyed their Luxe for several years other than one AC biting in year 2 and a few other minor things. Would think your Luxe will treat you well too.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BadDogPSD View Post
    Beautiful rig! I think Luxe or maybe New Horizons could lure me away from our Momentum... but then I'd want a M2 112 for towing. Hmmm...
    An M2 would be awesome, but I will say, my 450 handled it MUCH better than I thought it would. I expected it to be "marginal", it was far, far better than that. My wife even commented that she thought it was towing easier than our 351M. I was shocked how good it was. And I say that as a member of the "two truck" club, I bought and sold a F250 about 3 months apart, I was not happy how it towed my Momentum. In my mind, that (expensive!) experience qualifies me as someone who, if I'm not comfortable towing, will buy up to something bigger. I don't feel that way at all about the 450 with the Luxe. The only thing, I need to get bigger airbags! My Airlift 5000's cannot lift me back to "normal" height, even with 100lbs in them. Shockingly, that means the pin weight might be over 5K?!! When hooked up, I just touch the overloads, so there's still quite a bit of travel left, but I know I'm going to break the bags I have now if I don't upgrade them, and I'd like to get some more travel in the suspension to hopefully make it even more comfortable.
    2020 Grand Design 351M (sold)
    2022 Luxe 44FB
    2019 F450 KR w/Hensley BD5F

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    An M2 would be awesome, but I will say, my 450 handled it MUCH better than I thought it would. I expected it to be "marginal", it was far, far better than that. My wife even commented that she thought it was towing easier than our 351M. I was shocked how good it was. And I say that as a member of the "two truck" club, I bought and sold a F250 about 3 months apart, I was not happy how it towed my Momentum. In my mind, that (expensive!) experience qualifies me as someone who, if I'm not comfortable towing, will buy up to something bigger. I don't feel that way at all about the 450 with the Luxe. The only thing, I need to get bigger airbags! My Airlift 5000's cannot lift me back to "normal" height, even with 100lbs in them. Shockingly, that means the pin weight might be over 5K?!! When hooked up, I just touch the overloads, so there's still quite a bit of travel left, but I know I'm going to break the bags I have now if I don't upgrade them, and I'd like to get some more travel in the suspension to hopefully make it even more comfortable.
    You’re making me feel a lot better about a 35GRS paired with our current truck.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    You’re making me feel a lot better about a 35GRS paired with our current truck.
    3500 DRW? Yeah, I'd be surprised if you didn't have the same experience I am, especially since that model is a little bit lighter. Especially if you go with the Hensley (which it appears is basically "the hitch" for towing them, of the ~5 or so trucks I've now seen that are towing a Luxe, every one of them had the TrailerSaver in the bed; every single one of them!), I think you'll be very happy with it. I am going to upgrade my bags (to the 7500's) because I'm sure it'll be a little better if I can get it off the overloads (and I'm going to break my 5K's if I keep running them fully compressed/on the bump stops like that), but, honestly, if it's just "as good" it's fine already, so that's good enough!
    2020 Grand Design 351M (sold)
    2022 Luxe 44FB
    2019 F450 KR w/Hensley BD5F

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345