User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    They cycle through sensors sending pressure and temperature at an interval on the scale of several minutes to allow for reasonable battery life. Rapid pressure changes are transmitted immediately.
    Excellent. Again, I've never had an issue, but would like to find a way to experiment with repose time. Maybe I could loosen the sensor on the Schrader valve enough to create an alarm, in order to get an idea.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply unscrewing the sensor from the valve stem should give you an alert, since the sensor now reads zero pressure.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    They cycle through sensors sending pressure and temperature at an interval on the scale of several minutes to allow for reasonable battery life. Rapid pressure changes are transmitted immediately.
    Yes, they do! Every time the pressure dropped, I got another alert. I had to turn it off because tapping the screen to silence it every second while driving, was just too much!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Simply unscrewing the sensor from the valve stem should give you an alert, since the sensor now reads zero pressure.
    I wanted to bleed the air pressure slowly to see how often readings are reported.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Well, My TST TPMS saved my bacon, twice today. First time (two alerts) on I-10 West bound in Florida, I got a strange high temp alert of 331° on my rear right trailer tire. I slowed way down, pulled off at the next exit and inspected the tire, I didn't see anything wrong with it and the warning went away as I was driving. Then, about 5 minutes after taking off, it alerted again with a fast air leak. I pulled over at a rest area, inspected the tire, and as I stood back up, it popped. Out come the tools, I slapped the Westlake spare on, torqued the lugs and headed out.

Next, and 15 minutes later, same side, front tire gets a fast leak alert. Time to call a mobile tire service. So, here I am on the side of I-10. They are almost done, thankfully, and about $700.00 later, I'm on my way.

The picture of the first tire. Never saw one split like that!

Attachment 45561
    Great story! Thanks for sharing. My friend recently took a trip from CO to TX with his new camper and added the GM sensors to his camper. These are the ones that report to the truck's TPMS and show temp/pressure on the entertainment screen. He too had a couple tire issues along the way and bragged about how thankful he was to get early notification before a blow-out. When he returned, he convinced me to get my tires protected on my new camper before this year's camping season begins. I too ordered the same GM sensors he ordered and had Discount Tire add them internal to the tires. Synced them with the truck and tested them out. It's super nice to have that info and early reporting for any tire issues. Now I can monitor all the tires on the TV and RV.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Great story! Thanks for sharing. My friend recently took a trip from CO to TX with his new camper and added the GM sensors to his camper. These are the ones that report to the truck's TPMS and show temp/pressure on the entertainment screen. He too had a couple tire issues along the way and bragged about how thankful he was to get early notification before a blow-out. When he returned, he convinced me to get my tires protected on my new camper before this year's camping season begins. I too ordered the same GM sensors he ordered and had Discount Tire add them internal to the tires. Synced them with the truck and tested them out. It's super nice to have that info and early reporting for any tire issues. Now I can monitor all the tires on the TV and RV.
    I looked into the Ford ones, but at over $700 just for the kit, not to mention installation and new valve stems for the sensors, the TST was the way to go for me.

I bought them from another forum member who was selling them because his new coach came with Tire Linc. He did ask why I wasn't using it and I was honest and said I didn't trust them because of all the various reasons that have been stated in other threads.

It was the original grey scale display, he added the color display, and most recently, I upgraded to the 770 color touch screen display. It is so much easier reading that display than the original color one.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I looked into the Ford ones, but at over $700 just for the kit, not to mention installation and new valve stems for the sensors, the TST was the way to go for me.

I bought them from another forum member who was selling them because his new coach came with Tire Linc. He did ask why I wasn't using it and I was honest and said I didn't trust them because of all the various reasons that have been stated in other threads.

It was the original grey scale display, he added the color display, and most recently, I upgraded to the 770 color touch screen display. It is so much easier reading that display than the original color one.
    Wow that is crazy. My new GM sensors were like $250 and they included the new valve stems. I then paid Discount Tire $40 total to install them in all four tires. Easy peasy!
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Wow that is crazy. My new GM sensors were like $250 and they included the new valve stems. I then paid Discount Tire $40 total to install them in all four tires. Easy peasy!
    Yeah, some things with Ford are crazy expensive.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TPMS saved me also. Westlake tire blew and pulled to side immediately on Int 85 south of Atlanta as soon as alarm went off. Had to replace plastic fender skirt and if I had gone much futher would have had to replace rim. Put on Westlake spare tire and prayed I would make if to campground in Florida. When I got to campground started process of taking off Westlake tires and taking them to nearby Goodyear store, replaced all 5 tires with Goodyear Endurance and no problems with them after 2 years. When at Goodyear store I picked up Goodyear tire and Westlake spare tire - just tires not tire and rim; the Goodyear weight was much more, telling me that it had more material than Westlake tire.
    All campers need a good brand TPMS or you are asking for trouble. Mine is TireMinder Brand but there are several good ones out there to choose from, stay away from cheap ones you see on Amazon - they give you a false sense of security.
    Last edited by Buckskin; 04-08-2023 at 06:46 AM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    All campers need a good brand TPMS or you are asking for trouble.
    Why? It didn’t prevent you from having a blowout. What happened to the old fashioned practice of checking your tire pressures?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast