User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manual slideout for Imagine XLS 22MLE

I understand there may be a way to manually retract the slideout on our 2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE.
    Is there a point somewhere to attach the manual crank handle for this? I cannot seem find this.
    Thanks for any help!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There is NO way to manually retract the Schwintek slides with a crank. Google and/or your manual address how to manually retract and I believe it includes disengaging the motors from the tracks and pushing it in.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like has been said. No crank. Unhook the connection on the control module and push manually
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Like has been said. No crank. Unhook the connection on the control module and push manually
    So you can push it with the motors engaged? I thought they had to be disengaged so I stand corrected.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manual slideout for Imagine XLS 22MLE

Quote Originally Posted by Paul & Deb View Post
    So you can push it with the motors engaged? I thought they had to be disengaged so I stand corrected.
    No. I said in my comment to unhook the connection at the module
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul & Deb View Post
    I've had to push mine in with motors engaged and it takes some strong friends to do it. I disconnected the 2 cables at the controller, but I have no idea why this is necessary, or makes it easier.

No way to disengage motors without completely removing them, which would be a pretty good job, and you would still have to manually move the slide in a little to get to the motors.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think it would take some oomph to overcome the gearing of those motors. I also thought the pinion should be moved from engagement with the rack.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I disconnected the 2 cables at the controller, but I have no idea why this is necessary, or makes it easier.
    The reason for disconnecting the motors electrically, when powered through the controller, the motors will act as brakes. These are DC brushless motors with Hall effect encoders. If you attempt to rotate the motor while powered, the encoder will detect the rotational movement and attempt to stop that movement. Keep in mind that these are either 300 to 1 or 500 to 1 gear reduction motors. Attempting to rotate them manually will be met with a great deal of resistance.

Here is a link to the directions for manually operating the slide on the GDRV4Life site.
    https://gdrv4life.granddesignrv.com/...wall-slide-out
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomani View Post
    The reason for disconnecting the motors electrically, when powered through the controller, the motors will act as brakes. These are DC brushless motors with Hall effect encoders. If you attempt to rotate the motor while powered, the encoder will detect the rotational movement and attempt to stop that movement. Keep in mind that these are either 300 to 1 or 500 to 1 gear reduction motors. Attempting to rotate them manually will be met with a great deal of resistance.

Here is a link to the directions for manually operating the slide on the GDRV4Life site.
    https://gdrv4life.granddesignrv.com/...wall-slide-out
    Thank you for the explanation. I was not aware that was a function of the Hall effect. It was obvious there was no 12vdc power to the motors once they were in the fully in or out position, so I was not aware how the power was initiated to serve as a brake.

My motors are 300:1, and as I mentioned, even with the control cables disconnected, it took 3 guys to push the slide in. We found that keeping it extremely straight while pushing was the key. I hope I do not have to do this again, but I'm now carrying a replacement motor and cable.
    2020 Reflection 273MK