User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2970RL fresh tank

I had a mishap earlier in the summer while filling my fresh tank and need to inspect it for damage. I can see the corner of it behind the wet bay. Is the tank accessed by dropping the coroplast, or back wall of the basement?
    Thanks
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think to see the majority of the tank, you would want to drop the coroplast.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with @FT4NOW, if you want to see it properly, you'll need to drop the coroplast.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there, done that... Yes you will need to drop bottom, but certainly not all. First, I would start with picking at the endless black foam they sprayed into the slit where white tank drain comes thru. The tube, that goes to pump lays right across the end of tank, all on drivers side. You might consider just dropping a few bolts along the drivers side and pull down the cover and peek in with flashlight. Its surpringly all open in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    I had a mishap earlier in the summer while filling my fresh tank and need to inspect it for damage. I can see the corner of it behind the wet bay. Is the tank accessed by dropping the coroplast, or back wall of the basement?
    Thanks
    2022 GD 2970RL (soon to be "released")
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the source of the water spraying into the Nautilus panel. The fresh tank has a 2 inch crack at the corner from me overfilling it. 🙁

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:
    I tried to take the budget minded route (cheap) by investing in a tube of epoxy advertised for water tanks. I dropped the fresh tank and prepped then glued the tank corner.
    Second trip after the repair and it is leaking again 🙁
    Checked with my GD dealer and a fresh water tank is just short of $400…with an estimated $600 shipping.
    I just ordered one from Rec Pro for basically the same price and free shipping.
    Now I get to drop the tank again,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can order plastic welding rods on Amazon and give that a try. Even if you install the new tank, might want to try it out and you'd have the tank if you even need it. Or not...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a plastic welder, and yes it can repair a lot of things. what you need to be aware is that there are many types an formulations within those types. the plastic rods one can buy just cover the basic types. for the best weld,you need a donor item cut your own rods out of. the closer match the rod is to the item being repaired, the better chance of a sucessful outcome
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    i have a plastic welder, and yes it can repair a lot of things. what you need to be aware is that there are many types an formulations within those types. the plastic rods one can buy just cover the basic types. for the best weld,you need a donor item cut your own rods out of. the closer match the rod is to the item being repaired, the better chance of a sucessful outcome
    Very true. I should have specified, an assortment pack of rods on Amazon is what I got. They work great.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)