User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which converter for my new Lithium battery

I am going to install my new Weize 100ah battery as soon as I get a Lithium compatible converter. There are mainly 3 options that I am looking at. I am going to list them in order of my current preference.
    1. Powermax PM3 55LK. I like the fact that I can use it for pretty much any chemistry by moving a switch and adjusting the voltage output. The downside is that it will require a little more effort on my part, but not much. Of my 3 choices it's by far the least expensive. When I look up "best RV charger converters" it's always on the list, and usually toward the top, if not the top.

2. WFCO WF-9855-LIS. I like this for some of the same reasons as the Powermax. It's switchable between Lead chemistry and lithium. Just easier to do with this one. Either jumper across the Wago terminals, or install a remote switch. This unit is about $100.00 more than the Powermax.

Having said that both of the above can be switched between Lead acid and Lithium, I don't plan on going back to LA. It would be for emergencies.

3. Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV. Plug and play, but Lithium only. Not really a drawback, as I could leave the old Converter in place. Its drawback is the price. Of all the converter\chargers I have looked at, this the most expensive by $40.00, and for nothing added to make it worth that much more.

Anyway - all input welcome. I want to get this done - very soon. The battery arrived yesterday and I'm going out shortly to start getting ready to make the changeover.
    Last edited by SGT ROC; 03-26-2023 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser